superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE RECKONING!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:30:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible JLA on Smallville!  (Read 9089 times)
Superman of America
Superman Family

« on: September 21, 2006, 03:58:05 AM »

Green Arrow will lead Aquaman, Flash, & Teen Titan Cyborg(all whom had guess spots on Smallville) in a possible version of the Justice League. It''ll be the 11th episode titled "Justice".

Superman of America: America's No.1 Sunshine Superman!
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 08:35:26 AM »

Give me a BREAK!!  Give Clark his uniform and be done with it already!
Superman of America
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 02:48:05 PM »

I'd settle for him flying a bit more. Wouldn't Clark being in uniform conflict with the movie franchise?

davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 06:05:42 PM »

The way this show is going, they should just give him a costume, that's what I mean...

I figure Superman started a whole heroic AGE.  I assume the "heroes" mentioned are portrayed as ordinary people with different circumstances (like Clark), but just go with the inevitable.

At this rate, Superman won't be Superman til he's 30!
Superman of America
Superman Family

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 09:59:58 PM »

On http://www.kryptonsite.com/ Justin Hartley (whose playing Green Arrow) is seen in both civvies and his costume. I don't know about the others because in their previous apperances they wore regular clothes or variations of their comic counterparts.

nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 01:05:19 PM »

t this rate, Superman won't be Superman til he's 30!

Isn't Tom Welling already 30?  Or older?

Anyway, every day that goes by without Clark adopting his glasses-wearing-milksop persona makes it that much more inconceivable that he won't be recognized the instant he puts the costume on.  I mean, Lois is obviously a full-grown adult (and HOW!  Tongue ) and she even has the hots for Clark.  So how could it EVER be possible that she won't recognize him as Superman once he adopts that persona?  She won't say, "Who are you," she'll say, "What's with the get-up, Smallville?"

I think the only way this show works is if you view it as an alternate universe where Clark Kent never becomes Superman, ever.  Whatever heroics he does will always been in his civvies.

Incidentally, isn't it funny that so many readers think it was a ridiculous strain on credulity that Pre-Crisis Superboy met youthful versions of Batman, Aquaman, Green Arrow and so on, but now that "Smallville" is doing the same thing, it's somehow "cool"?  :roll:

This looks like a job for...
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 03:54:11 PM »

I was reflecting on the fact that I feel very negetive about Smallville and the DCU today... I don't want to seem that way but I'm glad you guys are with me in this!
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 04:37:11 PM »

Oops.  Just noticed you had another thread running here with the same complaint...that "Smallville" Clark cannot possibly hide an alternate identity should he ever choose to create one (which seems unlikely at this point).

But I guess if we both came to the same realization, we aren't the only ones.  Anyway, my theory is that "Smallville" fans are not, generally speaking, Superman fans.  And in my case, the reverse is true as well.

Back to all those guest-heroes, how is it a nowhere hick town like Smallville attracts such a wide range of movers and shakers anyway?

And while we're on gripes about the show, I have to say making the Clark/Lana/Lex triangle the origin of the Superman/Lex feud is terrible.  For all those people out there who thought it couldn't get any dumber than "Superboy made my hair fall out", this show proves yes, it can get dumber.  Yes it can.

This looks like a job for...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L