superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE ALTERNATIVES!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 09:16:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: most ridculous aspect of weisenger era superman?  (Read 24895 times)
Sam Hawkins
Superman Fan

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2007, 03:30:01 AM »

And what's wrong with Dick Malverne?  I wept when I saw his demise in Tim Sale's Solo.

To para-quote Dr. Greg House, "7's go with 7's, 3's go with 3's, and so on and so on."  Supergirl was like, a 110, of course, but Linda Danvers was still a solid 8.5 [when Mooney was on].  Dick Malverne was...not. 

Other silliness [from a nearly infinite list]...Jimmy Olsen knowing the secret identities of Batman and Robin, but not Superman...the Sleeping Doom story in which Lois tries to stay awake for a week because aliens who live in the space diamond in the broach Superman gave her will possess her and take over the earth if she sleeps, yet not only does she just not take the thing off, she keeps putting the broach back on whenever she switches clothes...Jimmy counting Super-feats to help him fall asleep [kinda creepy]...Luthor being able to invent anything he sets his mind to, yet somehow being unable to discover a cure for baldness - or even the decent toupee...members of the LSH being in the Superman Day parade [think about it]...Superman and Batman playing pranks on each other... 
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2007, 04:22:26 AM »

Lois=Dick.
Math.

superman, supergirl =lois/dick

Not my accounting.

lori-Jerro and so on........
crispy snax
Superman Family

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2007, 10:25:20 AM »

wait... jimmy olsen knows the dynamic duos identites but not supes?Huh?

that just breaks a few walls down... it makes no sense in a plot way... i mean.. .argh!! but then it makes sense, since everyone instinctively knew each others secret identites back then... in fact when i read the green lantern/flash teamup in showcase... i was suprised that they actually had to reveal their identites to each other!

how about the famous superman/orson welles team up? gee i bet the kids where writing in for that, desperate to have them fighting nazi martians who were pacifists at heart,
crispy snax
Superman Family

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2007, 10:32:43 AM »

just thought of another one, not so much silly as dodgy...

valtho island... where all the black kryptons live.... it sounds like a white supremacists/separatists dream...

i guess originally it was supposed to be a sort of "liberal" thing, kids wrote in and asked "why are there only white kryptonians?" so they wrote in valtho to explain that they all live on this island... but like superbabys two wives and the kryptonian superman fan who was desperate to mimic superman in every way, in hindsite it is kind of... well dodgy
South Krypton
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2007, 01:52:09 PM »

Cool Interesting how the so called silliness of a ancient era can be transmutated in a fun window to the past. I like the Weisinger era very much.
 Huh? Gostaria de saber se há algum colega brasileiro neste forum.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2007, 04:41:35 PM »

wait... jimmy olsen knows the dynamic duos identites but not supes?

I think what he means is that Jimmy knew Batman and Robin's identities, but he did not know Superman's.  Of course Superman knew who they were.  The question is why a goofy teenager in Metropolis would be in on the biggest secret in Gotham.

In itself, this does have some story possibilities, especially if Superman doesn't know that Jimmy knows Batman's secret.  Sort of like when Pete Ross used to help Clark hide his identity without letting Clark know that he *knew* his identity.  I always loved that stuff.

But aside from that one Neal Adams-drawn World's Finest I can't remember Jimmy's special knowledge ever coming up. 

This looks like a job for...
crispy snax
Superman Family

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2007, 09:32:28 PM »

that reminds me of alot of brave and bold comics, where batman teamed up with other heroes who somehow knew his identity

maybe robin is a lil blabber mouth!
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2007, 12:10:45 AM »

What does Jimmy know or doesn't know and why all comes together in this classic tale:

http://superman.nu/tales2/phantompal/

After you read it, it not silly but it makes perfect sense.

No really!

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L