superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE DECISION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 03:06:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lois might just DIE!  (Read 12982 times)
pocketmego
Superman Family

« on: May 03, 2004, 05:17:53 AM »

There seems to be speculation amongst people on the DC Comics boards that Lois Lane might soon cease to be.

There appears to be a number of things in the recnt relaunch of books to point to this...

Lois is running off to cover a war in the Middle East.

Wonder Woman is coming to see her soon.

Clark has been demoted from the planet and has a whole new cast of characters to get to know at the police station.

New females for potential love interests. This Lupe character, as well as Lana Lang getting a divorce, plus more and more appearences by Diana.

Away from the comic there is the IMMENSE popularity of lana Lang on Smallville and it is looking more and more like SmallVille will make the jump to Superman movie in a couple of years with Lana and not Lois as female interest.

With more and more people sick of them as a couple this does make sense. Azzarello even wrote her out of the storyline he has going on in Superman.

This could be a huge shake-up for the character. I, personally, am neither here nor there on the matter. I do find their marriage a trifle dull, but Lois was a fun character in the Return to Krypton story.

What do you all think?

-Ray

Changing the Course of Mighty Rivers Since 1938!
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 07:24:09 AM »

"Neither here nor there."

"Lois was a fun character."

Pocketmego, if your appreciation of the relationship between Superman, Clark, and Lois is indicative of the understanding of the present-day creative teams, the character of Superman is doomed to mediocrity.
pocketmego
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 07:29:30 AM »

Because I said Lois was a fun character in one story? I think you need to better edit what you critique Ald.

I'm just posting a speculation of what may or may not be coming. But, ultimately I really am neither here nor there about their marriage. Because, if they aren't married and Lois still knows he is Superman, then it doesn't matter if they are married or not.

Now, wipe out the marriage and wipe her memory and you have something.

-Ray

Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 10:22:13 AM »

I said exactly what I meant to say, old son.

I was addressing what I see as a fundamental lack of appreciation of what Lois Lane is -- which your initial post amply demonstrates. And that's not a criticism of you; far from it. It's merely an observation of how far Lois has fallen in the realm of Superman, and my comment will mean very little to the clods who would contemplate the demise of one of the most significant and important characters in comics.

As I intimated, the lack of understanding of the Lois Lane character has a lot to do with the hollowness of much of the present day Superman material.
Webley
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 09:05:54 PM »

I think thay would knock off Perry White long before Lois.

Short Round is cooler than Indy
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 01:32:25 AM »

Well, Lois hasn't been Lois in ages, but I don't think they would dare kill her. Maybe they might break them up for a while.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
pocketmego
Superman Family

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 01:50:00 AM »

That makes sense. I misunderstood yoour post Aldous, and I totally see where your coming from. I hadn't considered her recent characterization to be a symptom of bigger problems.

-Ray

<<As I intimated, the lack of understanding of the Lois Lane character has a lot to do with the hollowness of much of the present day Superman material.>>

Webley
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2005, 05:46:08 AM »

Quote from: "Webley"
I think thay would knock off Perry White long before Lois.
Id like to tack back what I said I could SO see Lois die in my life time.
Do you think you will out live Lois :?:

Short Round is cooler than Indy
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L