superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE ALTERNATIVES!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:24:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Desperately looking for 2 pre-crisis Superman stories  (Read 5842 times)
thisismynick
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: February 27, 2007, 07:16:02 PM »

Hi there, hope U guys can help me out: What the header says: Looking for 2 ooold Superman stories.

1) The first is a Superman with Superboy story, and it is *NOT* the DC Comics Presents #87 story Earth One Superman meets Earth Prime Superboy. It is also *NOT* the Comics Presents #14 "Judge, Jury,...and no justice" story where Superboy attacks his older alter ego with a kryptonite bazooka.

Basically the story is like that: Superboy travels the time stream coming from /going to a Legion Of Superheroes meeting. Superman also travels the time stream, for whatever reason. They eventually collide in the time stream and have some mind switch stuff going on or something like that. Can't recall more details, but I'm sure about the time stream & collision part.

2) Can't remember the details of the second story I'm looking for, but at the climax of the story Supes had to push the *whole* planet earth a bit through some dimensional portal (or rather he had to prevent that earth would pass thru this portal?) in order to avoid a planetary collision of earth 1 with earth 2 - or somesuch.

Anyone got a clue what's the name of these stories and in which series/issue it was published?

Alternatively anyone got a tip for me where to ask for this?

Thx a lot & greetz
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 09:31:39 PM »

I think the first story you mention is a multiparter that spanned two or three issues of at least one of the Superman titles and Superboy.  It was a mind-swap accident.  Superboy's mind ended up in modern-day Superman's body, and Superman's mind ended up in Superboy's body back in Smallville.  So they each had to masquerade as the other until they figured out how to switch back to their own times and bodies, but without being able to communicate with each other about it.

Superboy had the trickiest time, first deducing that he must be in his adult self's body, and then not knowing how to handle the relationship that Lois and Superman have.  Also not using his powers in as efficient a manner as Superman would have done.

Superman was puzzled because he had no memory of ever being on the other side of the accident, and dealt with pretending to be the younger version of himself and seeing his foster parents alive again.

It's one of the tales that's on the list of stories that I was considering adding to the site someday.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 09:34:26 PM by Great Rao » Logged

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 03:34:24 PM »

So it's not when Pete Ross went crazy and tried to kill Superboy by mind-swapping them? If memory serves, he had grown to hate Superman because his son had been abducted by aliens, though he was eventually returned... What happened after that? Surely Pete's son should have become some sort of superhero?

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
thisismynick
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 05:05:08 PM »

Heya,

lucky me, the riddle is solved: The first part of the Superman/Superboy mind swap story was published in SUPERMAN V1 #380 and was called "A Mind Switch In Time"! Still gotta hunt down the other issues/parts though. But it's a solid start! :-)

@permanus: I think the one with the angry grown-up Pete Ross you have in mind, is a different one. It think it is in DC PRESENTS #14 and is called "Judge, Jury...And No Justice" by Paul Levitz.
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 08:03:21 PM »

Thanks, thisismynick (and congratulations on a singular online name). My collection of DCCP is one of the things that survived life's injustices, so I'll check it out at some point.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 04:01:56 PM »

The first story is the Euphor saga, one of my all time favorites. It was not published in Italy, so I bought the original issues at Mile High Comics... I loved it! Really impressive.

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 06:37:38 PM »

That WAS a fun story, but my ONE disappointment with it was that Superman in Superboy's body story only took one issue!  Superboy in Superman's body took THREE!  Smiley

Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 07:37:43 AM »

There was also a Wayne Boring story done in the mid 80s in which Red K turned Superman into Superboy and a future Superman with additional powers. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L