superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE STANDARD NIGHTMARE!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 02:54:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone else noticed the general dislike for Superman?  (Read 16263 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2005, 02:31:37 AM »

Quote from: "Newbie Man"
Super Monkey do you think that the JLU Superman is as awe inspiring as the Superfriends Superman? (Please view this question through the eye's of a 3-6yr old)

That's hard to say, I grew up watching the Super friends Superman, and he could move planets on that show and he was really cool at the time. However, kids like will always love Superman no matter what as long as he acts like Superman is suppose to act, unlike the Iron Age comics, which has a very different personality, a very negtaive one at that. The most Sliver Age like Superman on TV ever was the old super badly animated The New Adventures of Superman/The Superman-Aquaman Hour of Adventure/The Batman-Superman Hour, it was also the truest
 to the comics. But we can all agree that the best were the Max and Dave Fleischer's Superman shorts, and that one was even weaker than the JLU Superman. Those were the most awe inspiring, even to adults. Cool

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Newbie Man
Superman Fan

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2005, 02:44:24 AM »

I hope you're right, the fact is I haven't taken the time to talk to a kid about Supes. I think I'll start with my cousin's kid whose 3.
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2005, 05:10:26 AM »

When my little brother was much younger he responded well to the Fleisher cartoons and STAS.  He's a teenager now so he's more into Batman but he doesn't seem to have a hate-on for Superman.

It seems to me most of the moaning comes from people who whine that he's too powerful and therefore unrelatable. Yet, these are the same fans who have no problem when Batman can outfight, outthink, outdo, and out smart@$$ everyone in existance or the 133t of Wolverines healing factor saves him from the sun or God himself.

Apparently, it's ok to be at godlike powerlevels as long as it's not stated up front that you have them and you're also sufficently ticked off and angsty. Superman is of course not allowed to be godlike because he's a true blue good guy type.  :?

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
SteamTeck
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2005, 01:54:22 PM »

The JLU Superman and the TAS Superman do just fine. Both my 7 year old son and my 4  old year daughter  love him. For my 4 year old JLU is the Superman show. I have most of the TAS Superman's recorded and My 4 year often asks to watch Superman rather than almost anything else.  Interestingly, TAS wonderwoman has grabbed my 14 year old daughter's teenage imagination.
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2005, 02:22:00 PM »

Quote from: "SteamTeck"
Interestingly, TAS wonderwoman has grabbed my 14 year old daughter's teenage imagination.

That's cool. I've always found it really intresting that you get people in comics circles talking about Wonder Womans costume being sexist and degrading yet I've met so many girls and women that I have met just genuinely adore her. Costume included.

The JLU version of Wonder Woman I found that I liked even though in many ways she's different from any of the comics versions.  I enjoy that she's younger and her being here was out of realizing that she couldn't stand by why the world was in danger. As well as genuine curiosity about the world outside of the safety of her Amazons care and the island.  I think I actually like it better than her being purposely sent here.

I find it more enjoyable than the constant back and forth she has in the comics where she fluxuates between Mother Teresa and Xena.

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
Mizrael
Supermen of America

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2005, 07:05:32 PM »

Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"
I'd hate to be a kid today trying to figure out what to do with a weekly allowance and comics are $2.50 minimum.  Probably go rent a video game for a week which is why DC/Marvel top sales are in the 100,000s now and comics were once and had sales figures in  the millions.  A title with sales of 100K would get cancelled (hello Shadow, New Gods, Weird Worlds, etc).

You'd think the publishers would get a clue from those figures and roll back prices enough to make comic's Kid friendly again! Or at the very least, go back to making titles that are actually AIMED at kids with prices they can afford!  :roll: Hell, I remember 10 cent comics though!
Beyonder
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2005, 02:33:14 PM »

It might just be in my little world but most people I run into who're into superheroes can't stand Superman. They always give me the same sorry line that "He's too indestructible and that makes him boring." Anyone else have this problem?

Trust me, I know what you mean. If you hear that prattle for, oh, the 28th time, it tends to piss you off...  :roll:

I would advise you to start mocking the Zombies about their heroes' constant whining and them wanting to kill each other. You'll see how quickly it shutts them up.  :twisted:
Mizrael
Supermen of America

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2005, 10:28:41 PM »

Quote from: "Beyonder"
It might just be in my little world but most people I run into who're into superheroes can't stand Superman. They always give me the same sorry line that "He's too indestructible and that makes him boring." Anyone else have this problem?

Trust me, I know what you mean. If you hear that prattle for, oh, the 28th time, it tends to piss you off...  :roll:

I would advise you to start mocking the Zombies about their heroes' constant whining and them wanting to kill each other. You'll see how quickly it shutts them up.  :twisted:

Really! Whiny hero's are the worst!  :roll: But then, I consider Spiderman to be more of a cocky hero than a whiny one. I loved his one liner zingers when taunting his foes!  :wink:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L