superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonLois & Clark: The Ghost of Superman FutureHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE STANDARD NIGHTMARE!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 05:44:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who can kick Superman's butt?  (Read 23473 times)
Webley
Superman Emergency Squad

« on: July 17, 2004, 12:05:28 AM »

Has there ever been or is there now a character in the DCU that is stronger than Superman? :?:

Short Round is cooler than Indy
Tiberious
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 01:39:08 AM »

Well Shazam was able to go head to head with him on Kingdom Come. I also heard that Flash kind of whupped him a few issues back in The Flash comic book (not really into the Flash though, so I can't confirm.)

I'm not very well informed about other heroes, but I think there might be others out there.
Klark
Superman's Pal

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 12:30:24 PM »

If Thor is in the DC Universe (I don't keep too much of a track on other characters) then he can kick Superman's ass because he is powered by the gods, he's powered by magic.

Where can I find a "THUNDERCAT HO?!"
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 06:06:45 PM »

Quote from: "Tiberious"
Well Shazam was able to go head to head with him on Kingdom Come. I also heard that Flash kind of whupped him a few issues back in The Flash comic book (not really into the Flash though, so I can't confirm.)

I'm not very well informed about other heroes, but I think there might be others out there.

Kingdom Come is an elsewhere story, and didn't really happen.

If Thor is in the DC Universe (I don't keep too much of a track on other characters) then he can kick Superman's %$& because he is powered by the gods, he's powered by magic.

In the recent crossover they had, Thor didn't do too well at all against Superman and was humbled.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Tiberious
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 07:38:13 PM »

Though Kingdom Come WAS an Elsewhere story, it still follows the rules of DC, also the Superman in that story was definately more powerful. Anyway, yeah I've heard a lot of talk that Thor would be stronger than Superman because of his belt and hammer and well other stuff, but I really really don't think so. But then, I don't know much about the Avengers so I wouldn't really know.
Klark
Superman's Pal

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2004, 03:39:24 AM »

Excellent. I had seen in wizard where they did a Superman vs. Thor thing and Thor won. I didn't like that. I also saw Superman vs. Spawn, Superman won that one, as we all know he would. Cheesy

Where can I find a "THUNDERCAT HO?!"
Webley
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2004, 01:19:03 PM »

This is a list of DCU heros that I think could give Superman a good fight.
Green Lantern
Shazam
Lobo
Wonder woman

Short Round is cooler than Indy
ImurSuperman142
Superman Fan

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2004, 02:00:47 AM »

NO ONE!!!!

Christoper Reeve

September 25, 1952 - October 10, 2004

Always Remember the best Superman