superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:10:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You Guys Have To Check This News Out Now! ;)  (Read 3893 times)
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« on: August 16, 2004, 08:20:52 PM »

This was sent to me in a Yahoo Group concerning DC Toys that I belong to. I've snipped the non-related Superman news, but you can see the whole post on the DC Direct Action Figure Board.

"This was posted by Troy Brownfield from http://www.shotgunreviews.com on the DC Direct board.  Some nice tidbits, plus some more info on the Legion figure "hiatus" and some VERY exciting news about Crisis Wave 2...
When Troy posts the final interview, I'll be sure to post a link!

++++++++++++++++++

On Saturday, OJ Flow and I (along with Mike "Maximum JLA" and JSA Jim) got a chance to sit down with Georg and Jim Fletcher, Sr. Art Director at DCD. We had a nice talk that I'll cover more fully soon at the Shotgun site.

Still, bullet points:

SNIP!

2) Crisis 2: Georg gave the mighty Shotgun this exclusive. While it's not 100% at this writing, wave two of Crisis will MOST LIKELY be...

Anti-Monitor

Earth-2 Superman

Robot Brainiac

Battlesuit Luthor

and possibly Barry Allen with George Perez-based face (and maybe a switchable head to a "decaying" Barry). The fifth slot may yet change based on final write-in numbers from the Wizard poll. Earth-2 Huntress is definitely still in the game for later.

SNIP!

5) Silver Age Superman: YES. In the works, open to change. Supporting cast is VERY likely."

SNIP!

It's me again! Silver Age Superman? Earth-2 Superman? Anti-Monitor (he made a GREAT Superman foe, of sorts)? Robotic Brainiac? Battle Armor Luthor?

I'm gonna either have to ask for a raise, or take up bank-robbery as a source of income! LOL

nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 01:49:16 PM »

Very good news indeed!  Add in the Composite Superman, and 2005 is shaping up to be a fantastic year for action figures!

One thing that's always bothered me, though.  You mention Barry Allen Flash might get a Perez-inspired face.  Don't know if you meant Flash would have a removable mask (I'm guessing not), but didn't Barry have a different face at the time of Crisis?

Bear with me here.  I don't think there was any moment in Crisis where Barry removed his mask, but over in his own (then recently cancelled) book he'd just wrapped up a years-long storyline in which, among other things, he lost the face we knew and loved and got a new one.  I don't even think he was a blonde anymore!  In fact, this may be exactly why we never see his unmasked face...readers would just get confused!

Does anyone else remember this or am I going senile?

This looks like a job for...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 06:38:40 PM »

Too bad these figures cost up to $19.95 a pop Sad

But, I guess I am going to have to save up  Tongue

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 04:27:58 AM »

With Barry Allen, I think they're going to give him a skeletal face like Deadman, from Kingdom Come.  

I remember when Big Sir smashed in Barry Allen's face, and in the letter columns, more than one reader had guessed that Allen had had plastic surgery done.  

I'm gonna be savin' up my pennies for all of the figures (except for the Flash).  I only buy Superman-related toys now (with the exceptions of Pocket Super-Heroes, HeroClix, and the occasional Batman-related figure).  I had to limit myself this way, 'cause this kind of collection gets very expensive!  LOL

nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 01:08:06 PM »

My collection has no rhyme or reason...I buy what I like.  In the short term, this is satisfying but at times I wish I had more focus.  I've seen some impressive collections of Batman stuff and Superman stuff and they always look good on display.  In contrast, I never know how to display my junk since it's all over the map.

This looks like a job for...
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 01:17:00 PM »

I USED to have my collection all over the map, as you do, but now I focus on the ones mentioned above, and pretend I'm having a "Crisis On Infinite Earths" with Superman and Batman (and their families)!  It helps that we're actually getting an Anti-Monitor!  LOL

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L