superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:45:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kal-El and Diana Prince: Are there any shippers out here?  (Read 4697 times)
ManSinha
Superman Emergency Squad

« on: October 05, 2004, 07:26:44 PM »

Hi Everyone

The writers have toyed with the idea of a Superman/Wonder Woman mating for years. I was reading an old DC Presents issue that had Cupid/Eros play a trick on the super powered duo, making them fall for each other. This was resolved by issue end but one of the panel's had Lana and Lois look forlonly at each other and the caption said "They knew that perhaps she (i.e. WW) was best suited for him"

And then there are "Kingdom Come" (admittedly Elseworlds) and "The Kingdom" (probably canon)

Any thoughts?

MK
ManSinha
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 06:29:33 PM »

I guess I started this thread and I need to explain myself a little further:

A shipper is someone who would like to see a romance between two characters

A fencer is exactly that: someone that sits on the fence regarding that

A noromo is someone who doesn't care for the idea (noromo = no romance)

MK
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 08:48:27 PM »

I guess I'm on the fence.

On the on hand, I've rarely cared for Lois Lane and don't know what Superman sees in her.  On the other hand, I tend to prefer my superhero mythos neat and tidy, with each character staying in their own corner of the DCU.

Which is to say, while a pairing of Supes and Wondy might make more sense than a Superman/Lois romance, I don't consider WW part of the Superman mythos and so I wouldn't want these two to get (or rather, stay) together.  I think such a major and lasting link between their books would be a bad idea.

The one thing a Lana or Lois have going for them is that they are human and by association make Superman more human.  If Superman -- an alien separated from humanity by culture, genetic heritage and abilities -- were to hook up with Wonder Woman -- who's pretty much the same -- we'd end up with a couple that had no real link to humanity.  And that would undermine both myths at their core, IMHO.

This looks like a job for...
Just a fan
Superman Family

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 09:35:00 PM »

I agree with Nightwing, I think “more then friends” connection between Superman and WW would be a bad move for the DCU overall.  Personally I have always liked the humor the Clark/Lois/Superman or the Clark/Lana/Superboy triangle had.

No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 03:30:43 AM »

Well said re: lack of normal humanity in a Diana and Kal pairing, Nightwing.  That having been said, Waid did address this in Kingdom Come the TPB.  When they realized they were going to have a child, they prevailed upon Bruce to be the godfather to give him/her that needed normal human touch.  Even in The Kingdom, Batman's iconic contribution was not be ignored but was instrumental in Jonathan accessing Hypertime.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
ManSinha
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004, 04:29:01 AM »

I just read a story concerning Superman and Hylvernii - the colonizers of Earth from eons past who sought to take over the current terran world.

In the beginning, Kal-El has a pretty intense dream sequence involving Wondy and gets up thinking he ought to find out more about her. Is this a one shot or is there follow up?

MK
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L