superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:39:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking news- Christopher Reeve dead  (Read 6647 times)
comicfan
Superman's Pal

« on: October 11, 2004, 07:08:54 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/11/obit.reeve.ap/index.html

I really, really wish I was joking, people.  This just breaks my heart...
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 07:45:28 AM »

The New Zealand headline I saw said simply, "Superman Dies."

I knew straight away who they were talking about.

Hard to believe the best movie Superman is gone, and at such a young age. I couldn't quite believe it when I read the NZ article. I still don't quite believe it.

How can anyone of my generation forget the thrill of sitting down in a movie theatre as a young kid and actually seeing Superman for real on the big screen! He gave the world a lot more than that, but that's what I'll remember him for.
NotSuper
Action Ace

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 08:00:17 AM »

This is horrible news. I'll always remember Christopher Reeve as THE Superman actor and a man who fought for what he believed in. I'm just shocked that this happened. Thank you for all the moments on the big screen that you gave us, Mr. Reeve.

RIP. :cry:

Many people want others to accept their opinions as fact. If enough people accept them as fact then it gives the initial person or persons a feeling of power. This is why people will constantly talk about something they hate—they want others to feel the same way. It matters to them that others perceive things the same way that they do.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 10:55:02 AM »

Not the kind of news I wanted to wake up to this morning. Man, this is really sad Sad
RIP Christopher Reeve , you will be missed for sure :cry:

Here is another article: http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2004-10-11-reeve-obit_x.htm

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Lee Semmens
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 12:17:48 PM »

I am more saddened by this news than the death of any other well known person in recent times.

I believe Reeve showed more courage and heroism since his accident than he did in any of his Superman films.

To all those people opposed to stem-cell research, I say look at someone like Reeve, who could possibly have eventually been cured through these means, and ask yourself how you would have felt if you had been in their place before rejecting stem-cell research.

I'd hate to have any self-righteous bio-ethicist, politician, or an old man in the Vatican deciding my chances of recovery from an incurable ailment.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 09:36:00 PM »

I shed some tears this morning, he was such a great guy and a true role model in such a way that one can only dream of someone being. A true superhero on screen and even more so in real life.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
shazamtd
Superman Family

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 02:58:05 PM »

Chris Reeve was and is my favorite Superman.  Offscreen as well as on.  My wife said now he's walking in Heaven.  I like to think he's flying with the angels.

"Is there no one on this planet to even challenge me?!" - General Zod (Superman II)
Phro
Supermen of America

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 03:12:35 AM »

Quote from: "Lee Semmens"
I am more saddened by this news than the death of any other well known person in recent times.

You surmise it quite well for me too Lee.

I have never been as affected by the loss of any other well-known/famous person for as long as I can remember.

RIP C.R.

PHRO

"Say, Jim!!....Wooo!"
"Excuse Me..."
"That's a BAAD OUT-FIT!!.....Wooo!"
-proof that even Pimps recognize Superman's coolness
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L