superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:52:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: REST IN PEACE CHRISTOPHER REEVE  (Read 7727 times)
ashleyrose-66
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: October 11, 2004, 08:57:11 AM »

Sad

Please post your condolences here for Christopher Reeve who died on Saturday 09th October.

RIP
MusicalParadise
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 12:56:22 PM »

S!
RedSunOfKrypton
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 01:10:26 PM »

Good luck on the next leg of your journey Chris; Up, up, and away.

"...and as the fledgeling Man of Steel looks for the first time over the skyline of this city, this, Metropolis, he utters the syllables with which history is made and legends are forged: This, looks like a job...for Superman."
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 01:57:17 PM »

Chris was the best film Superman - EVER!  He took his alter ego into his real life - becoming a true man of steel with his  indomitable will and tenacity to endure and overcome.

Farewell, Chris. :cry:
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 02:59:01 PM »

Chris Reeve never had any superpowers but he had the superwill exactly like Superman.
I've seen Superman the movie when I was 10 (or so).  I'm 38 now and have been a fan since that day.
I was foremost a fan of Superman than of Chris Reeve but, with time and maturity, I got to know a little more about the man.
I realized that not anyone can play the role.  There are a lot of things needed inside of you to be able to pull it off.  
Chris reeve was no saint but better than that:  he was a man like you and I with faults who never gave up.  That is the essence of humanity; to strive to better yourself, always.
At this time I feel a little ashamed because I don't weep for his family, I think of myself and how I will miss him...

Phro
Supermen of America

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 04:29:42 PM »

I am very shocked and saddened to hear of Chris Reeve's passing.

He seemed to epitomize Superman's humility in his own personality. One of many virtues that will indelibly make him the best Superman ever.

RIP Man of Steel.

Phro

"Say, Jim!!....Wooo!"
"Excuse Me..."
"That's a BAAD OUT-FIT!!.....Wooo!"
-proof that even Pimps recognize Superman's coolness
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 06:49:42 PM »

Besides just being an awesome human being, Reeve was that rarest of gifts to us fans; an actor who "gets" and appreciates what Superman is all about.  He made it clear he saw the role as a great honor and not an embarassment or something to "get his foot in the door." For Reeve, playing the Man of Steel was an awesome responsibility, and just to prove how well he "got" Superman, he behaved like one off screen, as well.

I could get long-winded here, but rather than take up space on these boards I decided to add a tribute to my site:
http://nightwing.supermanfan.net/editorials/reeve-rip.htm

This looks like a job for...
DWolfman
Supermen of America

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2004, 08:58:12 PM »

Even a man who is pure of heart...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L