superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:46:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christopher Reeve Tribute?  (Read 5412 times)
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« on: October 12, 2004, 04:04:26 PM »

I was thinking of how to do a really nice tribute for Mr. Reeve, when this idea struck me.  

DC Comics could publish all of their Superman titles for one month, with shots of Christopher Reeve in action as Superman.  A portion of the proceeds would go to Mr. Reeve's charity (let DC figure out how much).  

I figure this would work in DC's favor in a couple of ways:  

1)  If they donated ALL the proceeds, almost every news organization in the country would cover the story.  

2)  The story would be covered in large part due to the action photos of Christopher Reeve.  

3)  The publicity and goodwill DC would gain couldn't POSSIBLY be bought!  

4)  ALL DC would have to do is make certain GOOD writers and artists are doing the books in that month.  (IMHO, the current teams would do just fine.)    

5)  I don't have any idea how many people would buy Superman, Action Comics, or Adventures of Superman that month, but SOME would probably stay to read the next month's worth of books.    

I just wanted to toss this out there and gain some of your thoughts prior to sending it to somebody at DC Comics (or the Ask Eddie forum).  Good idea?  Bad?  Should I submit this idea or scrap it?  

Please share your thoughts.  

Gernot...

jmr72777
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 07:27:11 PM »

Gernot,

I think that's a great idea.  Especially since http://www.capedwonder.com has such great action shots of Mr. Reeve in action.

Another possibility is that I know that DC did comic adaptions of SUPERMAN III and SUPERMAN IV.  I don't know if they did adaptions of I and II, but if they did, collecting these under one cover, or even re-issuing them separately with the CHRISTOPHER REEVE shots that you proposed could be good.

JMR

"They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.  They only lack the light to show the way.  For this reason, above all, their capacity for good; I've sent them you......my only son"

Jor-El
ManSinha
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 11:18:09 PM »

That is indeed a great idea! The publicity this generates both for DC and for Mr. Reeve's causes can't possibly be bought.

MK
Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 02:02:38 AM »

This might not be the proper place to post this, if not, can the mod move it to the proper place?

While the above mentioned would be good, there are already individual tributes popping up on the web and here are two:

I have created a wallpaper that is a tribute to Christopher Reeve.

It can be seen at http://www.continuumworlds.org/reevetrib.jpg

(Rao, if you want, you can add mine to your wallpaper section - it was based on the wallpaper I did for 9-11)

another wallpaper maker has another at

http://www3.telus.net/freeloader/wallpapers/Reeve_Memorial_1024X768.jpg

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
ManSinha
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 04:21:01 AM »

Hello

Not to be nit picky but I could almost swear that Mr. Reeve's picture on the freeloader wallpaper is turned back to front.

MK
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 06:17:00 PM »

The picture needs to be flopped.  His hair parting is on the wrong side (on Clark's side).

ManSinha
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2004, 09:47:32 PM »

Thank you for the confirmation

MK
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L