superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:56:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tired of the same old thing in reprints!  (Read 3389 times)
Rugal 3:16
Last Son of Krypton

« on: November 17, 2004, 03:00:59 AM »

I'm extremely dissapointed with Superman: The Greatest Stories ever told because IMO it failed to deliver.. the first installment was better IMO.

Too many things left out like The Classic Immortal Superman trilogy which IMO is a good structure to forward the continuity from the silver age to the bronze age and the subsequent change in tone, Not much 1940's stories..

andhe Superman # 400 contribution was only a pin-up..

Heck those online comics here have even more content..

Although I support the reprint including Byrne's MOS#1 (it's a great story in it's OWN context, not pre-c context) the last story from a recent Super-title just plain SUCKED!! If they need more good Post-C stories it should be..

Home for the Holidays = The Best Post-C story EVER left out.

Other than those we see the usual mergings of material reprinted in Supes for the 50's to 70's and such, I'm so bored already with seeing "Must there be a Supes" in reprints way too often.

Otenami Haiken to iko ka
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 07:15:40 PM »

and the Superman # 400 contribution was only a pin-up..

Actually, the Steranko story was also from Superman #400.  But I agree, it's a bit tiring to continually see the same reprints, and there continue to be some glaring omissions, some of which aren't even on this site.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 01:02:11 AM »

Quote from: "The Starchild"
and the Superman # 400 contribution was only a pin-up..

Actually, the Steranko story was also from Superman #400.  But I agree, it's a bit tiring to continually see the same reprints, and there continue to be some glaring omissions, some of which aren't even on this site.

Might as well name the stories that have never been reprinted in the TPB or this site. Should be fun to talk about.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 12:54:43 AM »

Take the S! poll!

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L