superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonA Tale of the Golden Age SupermanHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:02:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark Millar on Superman  (Read 10600 times)
matthew-rossi
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2004, 05:55:26 PM »

Personally, I think Millar doesn't really get it either. Why not just get Maggin to write the book again?
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2004, 03:07:10 PM »

I understand Maggin ticked some editor off when he wrote a Challengers of the Unknown story and substituted the real Superman for a Superman robot there.  That's supposed to be a big factor in their firing him.

Anyway, it is odd that Millar has these pronounced views on Clark Kent yet he didn't give his Red Son Superman an secret ID at all or even showed his non-costumed self.  Only Soviet Lana's appearance gave any hint he ever was anyone besided the caped hero.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2004, 01:35:57 AM »

With sludge like Identity Crisis around it's proof positive that the Iron Age is still going strong with absolutely no real end in sight.

Mark Millar if anything, is one of the key peices of life-support keeping the Iron Age breathing. He can talk all he wants about how much he loves the character, but I've already seen what this man has done to Captain America.

No thanks.

Keep this guy away from the Last Son of Krypton.

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
NotSuper
Action Ace

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2004, 05:27:00 AM »

Quote from: "The Starchild"
Well, Millar also said that Superman/Batman and Superman: Birthright are two examples of comics that "get it," so I think he'd agree with you there too.

It just goes to show that Millar has good taste.  Smiley

It makes me happy that more and more writers have been voicing their love for the classic, pre-Crisis Superman. DC seems to have been listening as well.

Many people want others to accept their opinions as fact. If enough people accept them as fact then it gives the initial person or persons a feeling of power. This is why people will constantly talk about something they hate—they want others to feel the same way. It matters to them that others perceive things the same way that they do.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L