superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:51:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you accept submissions?  (Read 5784 times)
guitarpicker29
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: December 03, 2004, 04:08:21 PM »

I apologize if this question has been asked elsewhere and I didn't see the answer, I looked and I didn't see this question anywhere.

Do you accept submissions as far as scanning comics for the website?  I have a Superman comic I scanned recently to give to some of my friends, its a short Christmas story from "Action Comics #469" March 1977 (Clark Kent's Lonely Christmas).  Its just a short 7 page story, they are scanned as JPEGs.  Can I submit them for use on this site?  I'd just like to share this story with as many people as possible as I thought this was a wonderful story.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 09:27:11 PM »

Just email the pages to rao@superman.nu and I'll take a look at them.

And congratulations on being our 500th registered user!  I suppose you should get a prize or something, but I have no idea what that could be...

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 11:47:13 PM »

The story came through fine.  We'll be adding it to our collection of online Christmas comics, which is made available every year on December 16th.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 08:53:53 AM »

December 16th?

According to the 1970s Dc Comics calendar, that's Lena Thorul's birthday!

(not to mention Beethoven's)

Does your Xmas archive have the Christmas party form Action #306, 1963, "The Great Superman Impersonation"?

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 08:31:46 PM »

Nope.  I don't have that issue.

S!

TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2004, 01:15:05 PM »

Do you mind if I attach it as an image to a post in the Supes thread pre-Dec 16th?  Or will that spoil your roll-out?  Just one relevant page.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L