superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:08:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DC Comics Legend Bob Haney has died  (Read 2310 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: December 07, 2004, 05:18:51 AM »

Sad

It has been learned that comics legend Bob Haney died on Thanksgiving Day, November 25th. He was 78 years old.

Haney was one of the great Silver Age comics writers, landing at DC in the mid-50s, where he soon came to write virtually every comic DC published at one time or another. Haney was the co-creator of the original Teen Titans, Metamorpho, Eclipso, Doom Patrol, and an array of other characters, including Sgt. Rock. Together with other writers of the era, Haney tried unsuccessfully to unionize talent at DC in the late '60s.

Haney worked at DC through the mid-80s, and in animation as well, eventually retiring to San Felipe in Baja, Mexico. Most recently, Haney wrote Teen Titans Swingin' Elseworlds, which was illustrated by Jay Stephens, and inked and colored by Mike and Laura Allred. The book was canceled by DC in August of 2003, and has not yet seen print from, or been rescheduled by DC Comics.

Read the full article here: http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22847

Mark Evanier has written an obituray for Haney, which can be found here:
http://www.newsfromme.com/archives/2004_12_05.html#009290

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 06:59:51 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
Sad
Most recently, Haney wrote Teen Titans Swingin' Elseworlds, which was illustrated by Jay Stephens, and inked and colored by Mike and Laura Allred. The book was canceled by DC in August of 2003, and has not yet seen print from, or been rescheduled by DC Comics.

This was cancelled?  I could have sworn I read it, but I must be mistaken.  Did Bob Haney do any other retro-Titans work in the last couple of years?  Maybe I'm getting it confused with something else.

It's a shame that he's passed on.  I loved his stories.

:gloom:

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L