superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonSuperman Through the Ages!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:53:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Supergirl Series in 2005  (Read 7332 times)
Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« on: December 22, 2004, 09:11:08 AM »

From what I am given to understand  (from what I have seen on the Supergirl msg board at DC and elsewhere), Wizard will have a feature interview/story in which it is revealed that Loeb and Churchill will be the team for the NEW Supergirl Series which will debut in 2005.  A lot sooner than most figured.

My guess is that the Powers that Be are thinking that, after the surge in sales of S/B 8-13 and the surge in sales of Supergirl 75-80 and the MHR TPB, Kara Zor-El will sell.  

Perhaps she will....but only if the story and art are good...and I have to say that I am not too thrilled with Ian Churchill being named the artist.

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
Supergrl5013
Superman Family

"Be happy, not crappy"- my personal quote

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 04:52:13 PM »

Yay! They're doing another Supergirl comic **Dances with glee*

Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 10:26:55 AM »

Hm, concerns with this Churchill fellow Dylan? Why's that? Don't know if I've ever seen any samples of the man's work, though doubtless I've run across it in one form or another.

But yeah, I'm pleased to hear that Kara Zor-El is finally getting a real series. Not that I minded the Matrix/Earth Angel/Linda Danvers Supergirl, but it was getting to be a little confusing. Then they had the faux-daughter-of-Superman Supergirl and I was just getting lost.  :roll:

Superman/Batman has consistently rocked as a series, and the reintroduction of Kara into DC Continuity, along with Krypto, has been one of the coolest things I've seen in years. Nice to see that in the wake of such drek as Identity Crisis, some classic ideas are coming back in their proper configuration. Not sure what to make of all this 'Dark Kara' stuff, but as long as she's not going Goth I'm not gonna complain.  :wink:

-Def.

"You will believe a man can fly."
Supergrl5013
Superman Family

"Be happy, not crappy"- my personal quote

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 04:25:49 PM »

Quote from: "Defender"
Hm, concerns with this Churchill fellow Dylan? Why's that? Don't know if I've ever seen any samples of the man's work, though doubtless I've run across it in one form or another.

But yeah, I'm pleased to hear that Kara Zor-El is finally getting a real series. Not that I minded the Matrix/Earth Angel/Linda Danvers Supergirl, but it was getting to be a little confusing. Then they had the faux-daughter-of-Superman Supergirl and I was just getting lost.  :roll:

Superman/Batman has consistently rocked as a series, and the reintroduction of Kara into DC Continuity, along with Krypto, has been one of the coolest things I've seen in years. Nice to see that in the wake of such drek as Identity Crisis, some classic ideas are coming back in their proper configuration. Not sure what to make of all this 'Dark Kara' stuff, but as long as she's not going Goth I'm not gonna complain.  :wink:

-Def.

LOL... Not sure what to make of all this 'Dark Kara' stuff, but as long as she's not going Goth I'm not gonna complain.  :wink: Love the comment:)

kryptosmaster
Superman Fan

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 05:24:25 AM »

Dylan do you think we will see the Kara from SvA in this new series?

:rotfl:  Tongue  :lol:

Just had to do it Dyl.
Sorry
 :gloom:

KM S!

Kara Zor-El is the one true Supergirl.
Accept no substitutes!
Pre-Crisis continuity is THE BEST!!!!!
Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 06:16:45 AM »

Quote from: "kryptosmaster"
Dylan do you think we will see the Kara from SvA in this new series?

:rotfl:  Tongue  :lol:

Just had to do it Dyl.
Sorry
 :gloom:

KM S!

Hey KM, Welcome to the BETTER Supergirl Forum  (or, as some have pointed out...a board better suited for those of us with our tastes Smiley)

And to answer your question...I sincerely hope not unless it is a flash back similar to what Laughing Vulcan did in his Fan-fiction story The Return....where the new Supergirl (acutally the re-incarnated Kara) gets a visual of her previous existance.

That Kara was and will always be my favorite (probably because by the time she died she was no longer a teeny-bopper.  That is the problem with re-introducing characters...you have to start all over....one reason (among others) that I dropped the Legion of Super-Heroes   I wanted to read about the ADULT LSH, not the Legion of Super Teeny-boppers.

But that Kara is of the past and should remain there.  This new Kara should NOT be compared to her or expected to be like her.  Hopefully the writers will give her a unique personality while keeping her true to the concept of a Kryptonian Supergirl.

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
kryptosmaster
Superman Fan

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005, 06:10:36 PM »

Hey Dyl,
I'm not sure how much I'm really going to be on these boards. I tried it out from your link over at the DC boards. I guess I could explore it and see what it's like.
Unfortunately I have also seen Grantzilla's name. LOL
Does that dipstick manoftheatom hang out here as well?

Again, sorry about the SvA comment. It was meant as a jab. You said you hoped tinder and greenarcher wouldn't follow you over here and start posting about that.

KM

Kara Zor-El is the one true Supergirl.
Accept no substitutes!
Pre-Crisis continuity is THE BEST!!!!!
GrantZilla
Superman's Pal

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2005, 12:11:28 AM »

Quote from: "kryptosmaster"
Hey Dyl,
Unfortunately I have also seen Grantzilla's name. LOL
Does that dipstick manoftheatom hang out here as well?

KM

Yup, has to resort to name calling when what little logic you have fails you KM.

Anyway, I'll see how Superman-Batman #19 handles Supergirl. So for I'm lukewarm on this Kara Zor-El II.  So far they've done little to distinquish her from just being a counterpart like the original Kara.

I think series will do ok if:

They seperate Kara from Superman. MEaning very little interaction with Supes in her series. Instead she needs to do her own thing. She needs to have her own personality.

She get's her own rogue gallery. Instead realying on Superman's rogue, she gets her own version of Lex Luthor. What's point in seeing her fight villans that Superman has already fought?

A constant writer. Supergirl not a strong enough charecter to keep going through new writers ever arc. The series needs a writer that will stay with the charecter for the long haul. PAD stayed on for entire 80 issues. Unfortunitly, I doubt Loeb's will stay on for more then one arc.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L