superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe ADVENTURES of SUPERBOY!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:38:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman & Batman: Generations  (Read 27796 times)
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« on: December 23, 2004, 12:50:24 AM »

Howdy to everyone. I was perusing some of the message boards and I came upon this one. After taking a good look around and seeing all the great material that's posted here, I thought I'd sign up and see what kind of reaction I get with my work. The Superman section seemed like the one that made the most sense to me in which to do something like this, but the powers that be (namely Great Rao) can feel free to move it to wherever they feel it's the most suitable. Anyway, this thread is kind of a homage to John Byrne's great series Superman & Batman: Generations, about which I'm building a (personal) web site. I think it's a great idea that John Byrne re-imagined the careers of both Supes and Bats in real time. Anyway, here's the first installment: The original last son of Krypton ... Superman 1939 done in my own animated style. Hope you like it, and comment of any kind is invited.

More to come! Cheesy

Who goes there?!
Middy Seafort
Superman Fan

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 01:52:23 AM »

Quote from: "Bill 9000"
Superman 1939 done in my own animated style. Hope you like it, and comment of any kind is invited.

More to come! Cheesy

Love the photo. I like your animated style, it'd make for a great animated series.  Can't wait to see more.

In fact, I'd love to see one with the red, black and yellow shield like in the Flescier cartoons.

M.

"Better to go into the unknown, than die here alone."
--Earth-Prime Superboy, "Crisis on Infinite Earths"
Webley
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 04:13:18 AM »

When I close my eyes this is  the SUPERMAN i see. This drawing rocks! In my perfect world this is the Superman I want to see in the new 2006 movie!!!!!!!!!

Short Round is cooler than Indy
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2004, 01:30:25 PM »

Quote from: "Webley"
When I close my eyes this is  the SUPERMAN i see. This drawing rocks! In my perfect world this is the Superman I want to see in the new 2006 movie!!!!!!!!!

Wow!  :shock: That's really high praise. Thanks, Webley. And thank you too, Middy. Unfortunately, I don't have any immediate plans to render the Fleischer Superman as this will be more of an anthology for Superman & Batman: Generations. But don't despair! That leaves us with plenty of Super-stuff coming down the pike (among other things). I also sent in an application for membership to The Legions of Gotham in order to get a reaction out of the Bat-crowd, too.

By the way, I just picked up the first Superman & Batman: Generations trade paperback (which contains all four issues of the original limited series). I thought it was a wonderful piece of work that combined the serious edge of the modern DC Universe with the fun and adventure of the beloved Pre-Crisis DCU (especially the contest between Bat-Mite and Mr. Mxyzptlk). Anybody else have any thoughts on this series?

Who goes there?!
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 04:39:18 AM »

Finally done! I thought I was never gonna get this one finished what with all the Christmas visiting and all. But here's the second in the series: Bruce Wayne just starting out in his war on crime as the dreaded Dark Knight. I give you Batman 1939 ... or as he was known back then, the Bat-Man!

Who goes there?!
Webley
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 08:19:10 AM »

vere nice I think DC could learn a lot from you.
PS your superman is now my set as my new background Cheesy

Short Round is cooler than Indy
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2004, 05:06:03 PM »

Wow!  Very impressive, Bill.  This reminds me of TriSaber's work.  He posted his versions of the classic Legion and Superman about a year ago in this forum, but sadly those pics don't show anymore.  Some were posted on the Continuum Worlds message board, but they also vanished in a crash.   :cry:

Anyone hear about TriSaber lately?  Since their styles are so similar, I bet a collaboration between him and Bill could crank out the Generations gang, the Legion and the Silver Age Super-Family in no time.

DTO
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2004, 10:21:54 PM »

Quote from: "dto"
Wow!  Very impressive, Bill.  This reminds me of TriSaber's work.  He posted his versions of the classic Legion and Superman about a year ago in this forum, but sadly those pics don't show anymore.  Some were posted on the Continuum Worlds message board, but they also vanished in a crash.   :cry:

Anyone hear about TriSaber lately?  Since their styles are so similar, I bet a collaboration between him and Bill could crank out the Generations gang, the Legion and the Silver Age Super-Family in no time.

Yes, both of their styles are nearly identical, I thought they were the same person at 1st (they might be).

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L