superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:02:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman & Batman: Generations  (Read 27312 times)
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2004, 04:04:31 AM »

:wink:  Okay, guys. I guess the jig is up. As with the DCU Animated board, I wanted to wait until the New Year to reveal myself, but since Kryptcom of DCUA already cracked the case, I may as well spill the beans here, too. It is I ... TriSaber!

It's been a very busy year, but things are finally back under control, so I thought it was high time I rejoined the fun here at Superman Through the Ages. But I wanted to do things fancy, so I invented a new alias and began to post new work as a sort of Christmas mystery thing to see who would catch on. But like I said, the folks at DCUA started to catch on, and it would've only been a matter of time before the knowledge filtered over here. So I figured I may as well take the mask off. To tell the truth, I kinda like my new handle better, since it's based on the HAL 9000 computer from 2001: A Space Odyssey. Anyway, it's good to be back amongst fellow Superman fans again. Here's to 2005!

Cheers!  Cheesy

Who goes there?!
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2004, 04:36:05 AM »

Any relation to Bill Galvin, or is the similar first name just a coincidence?

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2004, 05:18:37 AM »

I thought the "S shield" on the Superman looked identical to the Golden Age Superman TriSaber once posted, but since that pic disappeared I couldn't compare them.  The overall art style was also very close, but I decided to play it safe just in case Bill 9000 wasn't TriSaber.

Welcome back!  We missed seeing your artwork, and I look forward to seeing your latest renderings.  I'm sure Dylan would also like to see your versions of the Supergirls that appeared in the three Generations series.

DTO
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2004, 01:51:44 PM »

Quote from: "The Starchild"
Any relation to Bill Galvin, or is the similar first name just a coincidence?

Although I took my new alias partly from the HAL 9000 computer of 2001, "Bill" is actually my real first name. But it's just a coincidence, I'm afraid.

Who goes there?!
Middy Seafort
Superman Fan

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2005, 05:23:50 PM »

Looking good, Bill 9000. I like your animated style, it's simple yet detailed. It would be kicker to see these designs in a new animated series. As much as I like JLU, I never cared for their version of Supes-- to beefy, bulky and awkard from certain angles.

Your Supes on the other hand is near perfection; graceful, charming and powerful looking. The same with your Bat-Man.

"Better to go into the unknown, than die here alone."
--Earth-Prime Superboy, "Crisis on Infinite Earths"
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2005, 04:59:44 AM »

Quote from: "Middy Seafort"
Your Supes on the other hand is near perfection; graceful, charming and powerful looking. The same with your Bat-Man.

Thanks! Glad you like 'em. I'm currently working on going back to the year 1929 so we can get a look at Clark Kent as Superboy and Bruce Wayne as Robin.

Stay tuned!

Who goes there?!
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2005, 04:50:00 PM »

We now move forward in time to the year 1949 in the Generations series, where the Man of Steel has married Lois Lane and they are expecting their first child. I give you Superman 1949.

Who goes there?!
Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2005, 08:58:42 AM »

Bill, you are and will remain the man when it comes to this kind of artwork. As a fellow canucklehead and an aspiring scribe I salute ye.

Cheesy

-Def.

"You will believe a man can fly."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L