superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:21:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman & Batman: Generations  (Read 27310 times)
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2005, 04:38:51 PM »

I'm currently reworking Superman 1949 (making him a bit beefier and changing the emblem to make it look more like something Al Plastino or Wayne Boring would do).

Who goes there?!
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2005, 04:56:53 PM »

Just finished up the revisions to Superman 1949, and here he is. I'm leaving the original up so people can make comparisons.

Who goes there?!
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2005, 07:29:13 PM »

Great job!

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2005, 11:27:40 PM »

Thanks. I haven't had time to do much this past week because we got hit with no less than three snowstorms in a row. Yeesh! I hate winter. But I thought I'd take a break from the guys and start with some of the ladies from the series ... starting with Wonder Woman 1986.

Coming up next.  Cheesy

Who goes there?!
Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2005, 06:46:55 AM »

Hm. . .looks funky Bill. I like how he seems a bit more broad in the beam in this take, the stuff with the shield is nice, and the shading is a bit more 'four color' in this take. Very nice work. Smiley

-Def.

"You will believe a man can fly."
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2005, 12:50:12 AM »

Thanks, Defender. I just wasn't satisfied with my first take on the '49 Superman from Generations. It's obvious that the Superman of that particular series is supposed to be a retelling of the Pre-Crisis Superman's career in real time, not the Post-Crisis version. For example, he has his classic vulnerabilities to red solar radiation, the various classic forms of kryptonite (green, red, gold, etc.) exist, the Fortress of Solitude is identical to the classic fortress, and so on. So I felt I had to adjust my '49 Supes to match, but still have Kal-El look relatively young since the 1949 story happens 11 years after his debut as Superman. The same can be said for the Batman, too. This is a retelling of the life of the Pre-Crisis Dark Knight, not the psycho-ninja Post-Crisis version. This is particularly evident when Bat-Mite appeared in the 1959 segment.

Who goes there?!
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2005, 05:14:58 PM »

At long last! I finally found the time to finish this one. The hair was actually the most difficult part. Why can't all super-heroes have black hair? Anyway, from the grim and gritty year of 1986 comes the chairwoman of the JLA in Generations. She's Stephanie Trevor, the daughter of the original Amazing Amazon all grown up. Meet Wonder Woman 1986!

Who goes there?!
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2005, 04:58:37 PM »

Amazing work, Bill 9000!  So this is Byrne's "Generations" version of the Earth-2 Hippolyta Trevor, aka Fury?  Interesting that Byrne used the first name of the current Wonder Girl to distinguish his character from the original Lyta.

I always thought the Wonder Woman costume would look better (and still be recognizable) if it was simplified without the stars, and that attached cape is interesting.  But that oversized eagle?  Ouch!  She could HURT someone with those sharp wingtips!   :wink:   (Did she also use a lasso?  I can't remember offhand.)  I'm not overly fond of Steph's mask and "Mercury wings" on her boots, but you really made this costume attractive -- even better than what I recall in Byrne's own series, actually.  (We didn't have too many scenes of the adult Stephanie Trevor, and her other adventures were still during her "awkward teenager" stage.)  Excellent job on the hair, by the way.

I look forward to your next illustrations.  Perhaps Kara Kent or the Supertwins?  Thanks again for sharing your impressive talent with us.

DTO
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L