superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:47:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman & Batman: Generations  (Read 27307 times)
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2005, 09:04:34 PM »

Thanks, dto. I don't recall ever seeing her use a magic lasso as an adult in '86 (although she clearly had one as a teenager back in '64).

Who goes there?!
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2005, 02:08:50 AM »

And now it's on to the swingin' 60s ... specifically, the year 1964, where the vivacious Barbara Gordon (who, in Generations continuity, is the granddaughter of Gotham City's venerable hard-nosed police commissioner) leads a double-life as both a congresswoman and the crimefighting partner (not to mention the main squeeze) of Dick Grayson as Batman. Here's Batgirl 1964.

Who goes there?!
Megatron
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2005, 03:05:18 AM »

Very nice. I believe she's "Oracle" now for Batman and friends right? After Joker shot and paralysed her in an attempt to try and drive the commisioner insane. Cool thread.
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2005, 04:03:19 AM »

Megatron, Barbara becoming Oracle after "A Killing Joke" is in current mainstream DC continuity.  (And I once read on another message board that originally Bab's wound WASN'T supposed to leave her a permanent cripple, but DC never followed up and left her in that wheelchair.  Think Oracle can now sue DC for medical/editorial neglect and malpractice?)   :wink:

Bill 9000's depiction is an "Imaginary Story" Batgirl from John Byrne's "Superman/Batman: Generations" series, tracing the Kent and Wayne families as if Superman and Batman debuted in the 1930s like their original publication dates, and then aged over the decades accordingly. (Bruce needed a Lazarus Pit to keep up with Clark.)   :wink:  

I like this picture, especially Batgirl's hair and the gold utility pouch instead of the original red purse with the bat-symbol.  Great work, Bill 9000!

DTO
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2005, 08:53:30 PM »

Thanks, guys. I'm glad you like my take on Generations Babs.  Cheesy

Who goes there?!
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2005, 03:33:27 AM »

Here's the first official rendering for the brand new Supermanica encyclopedia: May I present Wonder-Man from Superman Vol. 1 #163.

Who goes there?!
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2005, 02:16:47 PM »

That's fantastic!

If you're taking requests, I'd like to put in a bid for an image of Nightwing...for obvious reasons. :-)

This looks like a job for...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2005, 02:45:50 PM »

and Beppo the Super Monkey

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L