superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:13:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Graduation!"  (Read 6114 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: December 25, 2004, 08:42:53 PM »

Here's our very first complete post-Crisis Super-story,

"Graduation!"

Warning:

* SPOILERS BELOW *

read no further unless you don't mind spoilers!  Please go read the story first then come back here to read these comments:

Comments:

If you liked Byrne's Man of Steel and/or Loeb's Superman for All Seasons, we hope you'll like this story too.  Although this site does not generally acknowledge said continuity as being "Superman," we put up this story because it's good.

It does a beautiful job of integrating the 1990's Superboy TV series continuity with DC's post-Crisis comic-book continuity, actually allowing Superboy to have existed in a continuity when, at the time, he allegedly didn't.

Also: In the original Superboy television episode where Superboy first meets the white-haired older version of himself (which he meets for the 2nd time in this comic book story), the elder Superman was played by veteran actor Ron Ely.  Ron gives an absolutely incredible performance as Superman, so if you ever get the chance to see this episode, make sure you don't miss it.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Kal's Pal
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 11:39:37 PM »

Quote from: "Great Rao"
If you liked Byrne's Man of Steel and/or Loeb's Superman for All Seasons, we hope you'll like this story too.  Although this site does not generally acknowledge said continuity as being "Superman,"...

Aw, that's a shame, while I'm probably partial to Pre-Crisis Supes myself, the 'Man of Steel' era has certainly had it's moments. When I first discovered the site, the name 'Superman Through the Ages!' suggested a thorough analysis of every Superman decade and major incarnation - and not a  strange page like THIS!... when the rest of the site is great. Then again, given the sheer work put into the site and wieght of other, Pre-Crisis material available on the site, your average Supes can hardly be feeling hard done by. Anyhoo, cool story, Rao... hope I catch that Superboy TV series on DVD someday. Smiley

"Fellow scientists! Krypton is DOOMED!"
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 12:24:21 AM »

Quote from: "Kal's Pal"
Anyhoo, cool story, Rao... hope I catch that Superboy TV series on DVD someday. Smiley

Glad you liked the story - as for the DVDs -

Ron Ely was in "The Road To Hell", which is currently only on VHS Vol. 3 but should be on DVD soon.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L