superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe SUNSTONEHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:32:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1995-2005: Ten Year Anniversary of Superman Through the Ages  (Read 13790 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: January 01, 2005, 05:58:39 AM »

Howdy,

January 2005 marks the ten year anniversary of this site, which I started back in January of 1995.

Here's a page I put together as a sort of anniversary retrospective/history/thanks thing.

I started this thread in the forum so that if anyone has memories, reminisces, comments, complaints, thanks, suggestions, or questions of their own re the anniversary, they can post them here.

Thanks to everyone for a fantastic first decade!

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2005, 06:35:39 AM »

Here's to at least ten more! S!

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2005, 07:32:43 AM »

I found this site back in the late 1990's and it like a fine wine truly does improve with age.  There are many good comic book/character/creator sites on the web but non of them truly compare to this one.  So congraulations on the first ten years and I'll be back in 10 more years to congraulate you again.

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2005, 03:38:32 PM »

Congratulations from Richard SamuEL SiegeEL ( a double EL LL from the House of El)

Crap! I just blew my secret identity! :shock:

One of my fave sites where I can get my Silver Age super family fix on.

Great Elvis' Shade - I think not. GREAT RAO!

Thanks for a great site.

Gonna be Five Oh in Oh Five which makes me an offical Silver Ager myself. And Im still following the Adventures of Superman...up, up and awaaaaaaaaaay!!!! S!
Webley
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2005, 07:16:28 PM »

Im so happy to have found this site! This place has rekindled my love for SUPERMAN thank you all.

Short Round is cooler than Indy
Spaceman Spiff
Superman Family

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2005, 10:43:56 PM »

Congratulations on the ten years, Rao!

And thanks for running a great site! When I stumbled across this site three (or was it four?) years ago, I was astounded by the wealth of information. And the opportunity to read comics I'd never seen before was fantastic. And the new stories by Samuel Hawkins and Elliot S! Maggin. And Project S! (what a blast!). And, of course, there is the forum. Lots of fun talking and reminiscing with all of you.

Keep up the good work, Rao!
shazamtd
Superman Family

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2005, 07:32:37 PM »

Here's to the best Superman site on the internet.
Thanks Rao! Cheesy

"Is there no one on this planet to even challenge me?!" - General Zod (Superman II)
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2005, 08:16:54 AM »

Congratulations, Great Rao!  And may I also take this opportunity to thank you for posting no fewer than NINE classic Superman stories during the past month, plus one already in 2005!  This site has become one of my favorite spots on the Internet, and my best wishes for the New Year go to you and all who make this "Fortress of Solitude" such an inviting and hospitable place.

DTO
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L