superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:27:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman under a red sun - in the past!  (Read 10344 times)
IpComics
Superman Fan

« on: January 01, 2005, 11:11:40 PM »

Hi

I have been looking for an old Superman story for some time!

Superman has traveled back in time (or forced back?), a very long time! Milions of years! He finds himself without powers because the sun i red!

It is long gone since I read it so that is all I remember! I may be from 1950 or so!

Any clue?

IpComics
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 12:15:24 AM »

Is this the one you're thinking of?

I know how you feel, I'd been wanting to read that story for a long time before I ever tracked down a copy of it!

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
IpComics
Superman Fan

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005, 08:52:53 AM »

Hi

Quote from: "Great Rao"
Is this the one you're thinking of?

Sorry, it is not! This from Action 300, you have here is a future traveling!  :wink:

In "mine" story he goes back in time!

And you should also have in mind that the story probably is made in 1950 or so! I read it in Norway before 1971! The problem is that we had a book called "Supermann", but the stories were from every possible US editions with the character! I never know where to look!

I know how you feel, I'd been wanting to read that story for a long time before I ever tracked down a copy of it!

I have been looking for a few stories lately, but because of the way they were published in Norway it is not easy! But I have been lucky!!

IpComics[/quote]
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2005, 03:32:05 PM »

It sounds like an interesting story.  If anyone has any ideas what it could be, please chime in, I might be able to track down a copy and add it to the site.

Here are a couple of other possibilities I've found, but they don't completely match your description either.  Do you have any more information - like who the artist was, any more details about the story, etc?

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2005, 03:32:13 PM »

How about this one?
http://superman.nu/tales3/greensun/

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
IpComics
Superman Fan

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2005, 03:56:24 PM »

Hi

Thanks for using of your time trying to find this story! I have got a lot of help from fellow fans of classics DC during the last months!

When you only can remeber fragments of the story you read as a kid there is not much to look for! I have mangaed to collect a lot scanned Action Comics and Superman so I have found some of my childhood classics! Some even where from the World's Finest series, perhaps this story (I start wonder if it exist) is from another series than the AC and Superman? It is not WF, that is for sure!

I remember it should be a very long time back, Superman was captive by a ruler race on Earth!

Sorry folks, non of the books sugested here mach!!

IpComics
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2005, 04:03:01 PM »

Does anyone have The Great Superman Book by Michael L. Fleisher?

One can just look up Red Sun in there.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2005, 09:44:28 PM »

I recall an Action Comics story from the 70s or 80s where Superman journeyed to a future Earth where our sun had turned red.  In this era, Terrans and Rigellians were happily coexisting, but intermarriages and half-breeds between the two races were shunned.  The Terran-Rigellian hybrids found that they grew stronger as the sun turned redder so they artificially made the sun go red.  Superman managed to somehow switch off the artificial red sun effect to regain his powers, defeat the rebels, and return to his own time.

That may be the story he wants.  I even remember the cover had Superman being blasted on the chest without his powers but I don't recall the exact number nor the title.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L