superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonTomorrow's Lesson!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:12:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Identity Crisis" I-IV  (Read 13600 times)
vishnu
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: January 11, 2005, 05:38:09 PM »

Pls post part2 of Identity Crisis...

Hi Rao

Hope you can post this one as soon as possible. I'm an avid reader of the comics posted on your website and thank you for having such Superman comics for us, the fans.

Cheers and keep up the gr8 work!
Vishnu
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 10:20:58 PM »

Alright, thanks!  Part two is on its way!

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 03:11:18 PM »

Part II: Here is it is.

And here's Part III as well.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 07:45:42 PM »

Thanks for posting these.

I can understand why some traditional fans might not like this story, but I count myself as one of the (possibly few) who does.  Yes, it's the long haired Superman with the dark costume in the "Iron Age" continuity.  But--having read a goodly amount of the S titles published from 1986 onward, this story is an exception to the rule of the time.  It shows a competent, capable, heroic and self-assured Superman (albeit in a different body) whom the general public liked, trusted, and admired.  This was a far cry from the angsty, lost, insecure and unsure character that Jurgens and his crowd were writing about.  One could almost argue that it explains the entire Carlin/Jurgens age as being the tales of this Brainiac replacement, not of Superman--which is a pretty good explanation IMHO.

I'm pretty sure that it's also the final Superman work that Curt Swan did before his death.  Too bad that his pencils were hidden under Giordano's typical 4:00 am inking job, though.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Just a fan
Superman Family

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 09:02:43 PM »

ok waiting for part IV

No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 09:51:00 PM »

Another thought:

This was also the only complete, stand-alone story without 87 interminable subplots running through it.  It had a beginning, a middle, and an end.  Just to remind folks where DC was at, they considered this to be an "experimental" idea when it was published.  On further thought, if you could reprint any story from the 1990s, this is the only one you'd be able to choose because it's the only one that's a complete story in and of itself.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
vishnu
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2005, 08:02:18 PM »

Thanks! By Rao, its a gr8 story...just the graphics are a bit too graphic Smiley
blah-banas
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2005, 04:02:33 PM »

Quote from: "Just a fan"
ok waiting for part IV

still waiting.....

tonights episode contains violence.
viewer disgression is advised.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM