superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:36:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Krypto gets airdate...  (Read 5139 times)
SuperThinnker
Superman Emergency Squad

« on: January 13, 2005, 11:51:28 AM »

"Krypto" will start in April 2005.

Logging off,
Dr. Thinker
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 05:23:19 AM »

About time!

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Megatron
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 09:36:10 AM »

I'd like to see how they write their way around the fact that Krypto can't talk!
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 11:20:31 AM »

Quote from: "Megatron"
I'd like to see how they write their way around the fact that Krypto can't talk!

Super(dog)-ventriloquism, perhaps?   :wink:

DTO
SuperThinnker
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 12:45:07 PM »

From Austrila's Mate of the Steel, Steve's, "THE SUPERMAN HOMEPAGE",

Feb. 6, 2005: Krypto Animated Series Hite Latin America.

Not scheduled to air in the U.S. until April 1st, "Krypto" the new kids animated series had its debut on Cartoon Network in Latin America on Saturday February 5th at 9am.

The Cartoon Network Latin America repeated the pilot episode, titled "Krypto's Scrypto", at 10.30am on Sunday February 6th, but unfortunately we only just learned about this, so we apologize to Superman fans in Latin America for not alerting you earlier.

Here's a description from Superman fan Mike Sacal who watched the pilot episode of the "Krypto" animated series:

The intro shows Ace the Bat-hound with a mask and a Bat symbol on his chest.
The toon takes place in the same universe/continuity as "Superman: The Animated Series" (the interior of Krypto's ship is decorated with drawings that show him with toddler Kal-El from the first episode of S:TAS).

All animals in the cartoon can talk but humans can't understand them, unless they use a universal translator that Krypto has inside his S shield.

Streaky the cat belongs to Kevin's neighbor Andrea (Kevin being the kid Krypto befriends). Andrea is like a stuck-up version of Elmyra from Tiny Toons. Streaky is the only animal who didn't speak in this episode.

Krypto is his secret identity while Superdog is his public one (the cape makes the difference). The only one who figures out that Krypto and Superdog are the same one is Kevin's little sister.

Superman makes a cameo apperance in the end and agrees to let Krypto stay with Kevin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

MOTA has a bit more information in the comment afterwords:

Some more comments on it: The animation is comparable to something like "A Pup Named Scooby Doo", as is the writing. Krypto hides his ship under Kevin's backyard and there's a hole inside his dog house that takes him right to it. In this episode Krypto flies, uses super strength, and heat vision. His cape is a blanket he had in the ship with him. Originally, Krypto was sent into space to orbit the planet but while playing with a ball he damaged the controls and that's what sent him off course toward Earth. The trip there took many years, so he grew older on the way here. I'll post more if I remember more, heh.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't wait to see it. I like "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo!"

Logging off,
Dr. Thinker
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2005, 02:31:10 AM »

New article with Pic!

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27872

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L