superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:10:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do accept scans?  (Read 6694 times)
AlfredW
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: January 13, 2005, 02:49:47 PM »

Hi, I keep up with the stories posted on this site, but I'm new to the Forums.

Does this site accept story scans? I have a decent scanner, and could help with the subsequent "sand stories" that follow "Superman Breaks Loose".

I'd just need some info on how to email the page scans.

Thanks!

Alfred
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 03:26:08 PM »

We actually just got an offer from one reader to scan issue #234 (the only issue of the saga that he has) - but he has to get his scanner fixed first, so it could be a while.

If anyone is willing to send in any of the issues, that'd be great.  Send the scans (and any technical questions) to rao@superman.nu

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Richard S! Preston
Superman Fan

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 03:05:46 PM »

If anyone is willing to send in any of the issues, that'd be great. Send the scans (and any technical questions) to rao@superman.nu

Rao, I sent you a few scans from Morrison's JLA run a few weeks ago, and you don't seem to have contacted me on whether or not you've decided to put those scans in.
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 04:49:19 AM »

Quote from: "Richard S! Preston"
If anyone is willing to send in any of the issues, that'd be great. Send the scans (and any technical questions) to rao@superman.nu

Rao, I sent you a few scans from Morrison's JLA run a few weeks ago, and you don't seem to have contacted me on whether or not you've decided to put those scans in.

Hmm... very curious.  I've spent the better part of last month trying to email ONE story, but Rao only got a small fraction of my scans.  In fact, I re-sent the missing pages at the beginning of April, but I just assumed Rao was too busy trying to catch up with other matters after creating that amazing April Fool's "Batman Through the Ages" website.  But he still hasn't responded.

Ah, Rao?  I'm now wondering if your mail server is systematically screening out most of my communications.  Is there a file size limit on e-mail attachments, or does it just doesn't like e-mail from earthlink.net?

DTO
Richard S! Preston
Superman Fan

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 07:12:46 PM »

I can't seem to send entire stories, owing to file size restrictions. Should I use WinRAR, or any similar software?

You can tell I'm new at this, can't you?  :oops:
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 07:29:55 PM »

make them smaller, so that they are no bigger than the pages on this site.

You can then send them one page at a time.

You should e-mail the Great Rao 1st before sending anything.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 07:47:43 PM »

I actually have a back-log of scanned stories that people have sent in and I haven't had a chance to work through them yet.  So it's best to hold off for a bit.

Bigger is better, because then I can do any necessary clean up and stuff before shrinking the pages down.  I don't have RAR.  Send a page at a time.

But if you're a photshop pro and know what you're doing and can get the pages in final presentation format, actual size submissions would be easier.

But make sure I like the story first, otherwise I really don't have much motivation to spend time on adding it to the site.  And too much bad stuff will dilute what's already online.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Richard S! Preston
Superman Fan

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2005, 02:29:42 PM »

I don't have much at the moment, just the aforementioned Morrison tale, and a 40+ page Alan Moore story (in fact, the Alan Moore Superman story :wink: ) The Morrison stuff isn't much, just three pages, I'm sure it's somewhere in your inbox, no hurry  Cheesy I have more scans to give to BTTA! than I do here, so I'm not too worried.[/i]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L