superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:47:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about Linda Danvers  (Read 33218 times)
Psi
Superman's Pal

« on: January 17, 2005, 03:44:24 AM »

So in the years since Supergirl #80, Has there been a single appearance of Linda Danvers since?  I know that everyone was wondering if Fallen Angel was really Danvers... but we'll never know now.

Any appearances that anyone has seen?

I know she isn't Kara, but that was such a great book.. and I think somehow, someway, Linda should get some place in the new Supergirl Series thats starting starring Kara... perhaps as a mentor like PAD had planned in his old series of SG?
Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 04:41:38 AM »

Mm, Linda could've been Fallen Angel. . .they were teasing at it pretty strongly. As for her showing up in the new Supergirl title, that's really up to Jeph Loeb, who did express a fondness for Many Happy Returns. So keep your fingers crossed and maybe slip a word to the man himself and who knows?  Smiley

-Def.

"You will believe a man can fly."
darkmark90
Supermen of America

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 10:49:40 AM »

From what I've heard on another forum, Peter David is playing it coy, but admits that yes, if you want Fallen Angel to be Linda Danvers, she is.  I don't much see her being Supergirl in tone, but it's a pretty good read nonetheless.

I'm a BIG writer of fanfic, much of it about Supergirl but covering lots of characters in lots of comic universes.  Check the stories out at http://Dark_Mark.tripod.com/darkmark1.htm and at http://darkmark90.tripod.com/darkmark2.html .
Psi
Superman's Pal

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 03:15:02 PM »

Yes... I think I have a problem with it though.. While I know Fallen Angel was a good read, and I know that PAD can't say if she is Linda Danvers or not, since he owns the rights to Fallen Angel, and NOT Linda... I feel its a cop out.

He has essential caused the demise of another character owned by DC that could be further used by tying up her story with the "Lee" Character...because we'll never know if its Linda or not.

Then again... would it really be Linda without Peter David... oh well.  Still I think she should appear in some capacity in the new Supergirl Series...  It was just a rather quick ending for the C that so many had grown to love.  I think people forget that while yes, it wasn't Kara.... she was Supergirl in one capacity or another for 14 years.  That is a very long time.
Supergrl5013
Superman Family

"Be happy, not crappy"- my personal quote

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 11:54:58 PM »

Quote from: "Psi"
Yes... I think I have a problem with it though.. While I know Fallen Angel was a good read, and I know that PAD can't say if she is Linda Danvers or not, since he owns the rights to Fallen Angel, and NOT Linda... I feel its a cop out.

He has essential caused the demise of another character owned by DC that could be further used by tying up her story with the "Lee" Character...because we'll never know if its Linda or not.

Then again... would it really be Linda without Peter David... oh well.  Still I think she should appear in some capacity in the new Supergirl Series...  It was just a rather quick ending for the C that so many had grown to love.  I think people forget that while yes, it wasn't Kara.... she was Supergirl in one capacity or another for 14 years.  That is a very long time.

took the words right out of my mouth! Cheesy

Dylan Clearbrook
Supergirl Fan
Superman Family

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 11:16:21 PM »

That is an issue that has gotten a lot of discussion at the main supergirl msg board.  

And DarkMark, I heard the exact opposite..that PAD all but denied that Linda was Lee in Fallen Angel.  :lol: Playing both sides?  :lol:

And PAD did not cause her "demise" she simply....left.  As far as I am concerned, unless DC retcons the entire PAD run out of continuity (which could happen in the future with this new Crisis thing, I suppose) Linda is still alive out there, wrestling with her own demons, mourning over a lost husband and daughter.  Kinda tragic, but a good ending nevertheless.

Being a Major Kara fan, I never liked Pad's version of Supergirl UNTIL the many Happy Returns Arc (the whole angel/religious thing turned me completely off - and ending that was NOT PAD's idea...as he insinuates in the forward to the Many Happy Returns TPB).

And I was more than happy to see Linda relinguish the Supergirl title and let it return to a Kryptonian as it should have been.

Having said that, I also advocate that PAD's Run NOT be retconned out, and that Linda, with a new name...completely unconnected to the Super-Family (and it goes with out mentioning without the angel/religious connection)....resurface and eventually take on an advisory role with the new Kara.

Or perhaps as a member of a new team...similar to what PAD had envisioned as "Blonde Justice". (I may not have liked all that he did with Supergirl, but you have to admit, PAD is a talented writer).

Dylan

Freedom is never free.  It must be bought and paid for...no matter the cost!

Supergirl's Wallpaper Annex: http://supergirl.the-imperium.com
The Continuum Worlds Fan-Fiction http://www.continuumworlds.org
Supergrl5013
Superman Family

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 05:38:23 PM »

Quote from: "Dylan Clearbrook"
That is an issue that has gotten a lot of discussion at the main supergirl msg board.  

And DarkMark, I heard the exact opposite..that PAD all but denied that Linda was Lee in Fallen Angel.  :lol: Playing both sides?  :lol:

And PAD did not cause her "demise" she simply....left.  As far as I am concerned, unless DC retcons the entire PAD run out of continuity (which could happen in the future with this new Crisis thing, I suppose) Linda is still alive out there, wrestling with her own demons, mourning over a lost husband and daughter.  Kinda tragic, but a good ending nevertheless.

Being a Major Kara fan, I never liked Pad's version of Supergirl UNTIL the many Happy Returns Arc (the whole angel/religious thing turned me completely off - and ending that was NOT PAD's idea...as he insinuates in the forward to the Many Happy Returns TPB).

And I was more than happy to see Linda relinguish the Supergirl title and let it return to a Kryptonian as it should have been.

Having said that, I also advocate that PAD's Run NOT be retconned out, and that Linda, with a new name...completely unconnected to the Super-Family (and it goes with out mentioning without the angel/religious connection)....resurface and eventually take on an advisory role with the new Kara.

Or perhaps as a member of a new team...similar to what PAD had envisioned as "Blonde Justice". (I may not have liked all that he did with Supergirl, but you have to admit, PAD is a talented writer).

Dylan
Linda's got a husband and a daughter..since when!?...plus what does retconn mean i've never heard of the word

Supergrl5013
Superman Family

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »

here i go again with the double...no wait..triple posting...that's very new..Cheesy..oy gevalt!...*Smashes head on pillow*

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L