superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe ADVENTURES of SUPERBOY!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:54:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crisis On Multiple Earths : Complete guide  (Read 6105 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: January 17, 2005, 06:44:39 AM »

CRISIS ON MULTIPLE EARTHS VOL. 1

Written by Gardner Fox; Art by Mike Sekowsky, Bernard Sachs, Sid Greene and others

The perfect companion piece to the CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS and HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE trade paperbacks, this book features the classic tales of interaction between the heroes of Earth-One and Earth-Two. Existing in two different realities, the heroes of the Justice League team up with their predecessors the Justice Society of America in order to save both their worlds. Featuring different incarnations of Batman, Superman, the Flash and many other classic heroes.

DC Universe  |  208pg.  |  Color  |  Softcover

CRISIS ON MULTIPLE EARTHS VOL. 2

Written by Gardner Fox and Dennis O'Neil; Art by Mike Sekowsky, Sid Greene, Dick Dillin and Joe Giella; Painted Cover by Jerry Ordway

Four more summer meetings between the legendary Justice League of America and Justice Society of America are collected in this highly demanded volume! Collecting JLA #55-56, 64-65, 72-73, 83-84 plus an introduction by Martin Pasko and a new cover painting by Jerry Ordway!

DC Universe  |  196pg.  |  Color  |  Softcover

CRISIS ON MULTIPLE EARTHS VOL. 3

Written by Mike Friedrich and Len Wein; art by Dick Dillin, Joe Giella and Dick Giordano; cover by Alex Ross

A thrilling new collection featuring the next round of JLA/JSA team-ups, with a stunning cover by Alex Ross! This volume reprints JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #91-92, 100-102, 107-108, and 113; featuring the legendary search through time for the Seven Soldiers of Victory, the discovery of Earth-X and the Freedom Fighters, and the final fate of Sandman's partner Sandy! Plus, an introduction by Len Wein.

DC Universe  |  192pg.  |  Color  |  Softcover

Cover art:

View pages at this link:

http://www.dccomics.com/media/excerpts/1333_x.pdf

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 07:59:26 AM »

I remember as a teen in the 80s, when Crisis on Infinite Earths came out, tracking down these older JLA issues and educating myself about DC history.  If I had known I only had to wait 20 years more for them to be collected...

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 02:28:34 PM »

Ha! I assume you're joking.  When I was a teen I couldn't wait 20 days for anything, much less 20 years!

But it is nice to have these collected in handy paperback volumes.  The JLA/JSA crossovers were always one of the high points of my youthful summers.

Off topic a bit, has anyone noticed the Superman/Flash races are due to be collected in a similar manner this summer?  Another must buy!

This looks like a job for...
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 02:37:51 PM »

geez Nightwing, how many races were there?  I only recall the first 2.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 03:20:42 PM »

Here is (I believe) a comprehensive listing:

http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/races.html

The first (and best!) is reprinted on my site:

http://nightwing.supermanfan.net/adventures/racewiththeflash.htm

This looks like a job for...
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 10:32:57 AM »

Quote from: "nightwing"
Ha! I assume you're joking.

Nightwing, you are right --I tracked down as many of those crossovers as I could afford (and stomach --at the time, some of the artists like Dick Dillin and Mike Sekowsky, were quite alien to my Marvel-Zombified eyes).
But I enjoyed them and owe them my still-limited knowledge of DC history.

Are these collections must-buys?  What are the top 3 anticipated DC collections?

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 08:43:31 PM »

Nightwing - thanx and yuppers the first is the best!
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 10:45:40 PM »

I liked all the Pre Crisis Superman vs the Flash races, though the reprint of "The Race to the End of the Universe" that came along with the version on Nightwing's site is a close contender for the best, IMHO.  The race around the world was not a true race in that they were clearly limited by the rules to not use their true top speeds.  The fastest they ran then was 140 mps which is a far cry from even lightspeed when either of them could easily go 10 x C.  The other story implied they were going all out on a racecourse more worthy of their vast super-speed.

I also liked the races through time which made them more awesome.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L