superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonK-Metal Visitor!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "SONG OF THE EARTH!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:34:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally! I got the Supergirl Director's cut!  (Read 20230 times)
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2007, 09:01:53 PM »

I have a kind of love/hate thing with the movie. Basically I love Helen Slater both in her acting and in her visual (combine the right actor with good costuming that brings the character out of that actor by being authentic, something Brandon Routh didn't really recieve.)

With Helen in Supergirl I'm reminded of the same feeling I get with Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman, Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno in Hulk, and Chris Reeve in the last two Superman films. Where you have these actors who really fit their parts and act them with dignity and grace, even when the material is just plain bad. Because of this it makes the badly written stuff watchable anyway since they're so sincerely embodying their characters.

Helen did a really wonderful job. She made you fall for Kara right away. 

I sorta liked seeing how the Phantom Zone looked but everything else was just kinda dumb. ..and they really should've done whatever it took to get Chris Reeve involved because having her whole adventure go by without even meeting her cousin once feels hollow.

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
Supergrl5013
Superman Family

"Be happy, not crappy"- my personal quote

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2007, 04:12:59 PM »

I think that's the Warner Bros. 1-disc thing, then, not the Anchor Bay 2-disc edition.  It's not the director's cut (though I think it has a few extra scenes), mostly just the director's commentary.

which scenes did they add to it?..b/c i can't tell..i know they extended the Aerial Ballet scene..i think...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L