superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe EXILE at the EDGE OF ETERNITY!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:46:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tomorrow's Lesson  (Read 2077 times)
holdemfoldem
« on: January 18, 2005, 04:45:53 PM »

Great story!  Hearfelt and well told.  Superboy stretching his powers to the limit, dealing with so much additional baggage regarding future travel, etc, than his legionair friends had to deal with, yet still emerging as the hero and leader he is!

One brief comment, just FYI.  Having read most of the original Legion of Super Hero stories from the Silver Age, I was surprised to realize I had forgotten this, but apparently it WASN'T Saturn Girl who placed the post hypnotic suggestion to forget future events into Superboy's mind, but Supergirl!  I offer the following copy of what I saw posted:

Just for the record: the post-hypnotic order that Superboy forget all he learnt about events relating to his future when he returned to his own time was not implanted by Saturn Girl. It was by Supergirl, with her super-hypnotism.

To address the "But I always thought . . . ." arguments before they're voiced, this fact was mentioned several times in the original Legion run in Adventure Comics, but I'll quote three of them here (italics mine).

From the footnote on page 3, panel 3 of the story "The Unknown Legionnaire", Adventure Comics # 334 (Jul., 1965):

"When Superboy himself returns to the 20th century, some years before Supergirl's time, he always forgets about her, due to a post-hypnotic suggestion she gave him."

And from the footnote on page 9, panel 1, of the story "The Weirdo Legionnaire!", from Adventure Comics # 341 (Feb., 1966):

"Superboy never recalls any information about his future life when he returns to his own time-era, because of a post-hypnotic suggestion previously implanted in his mind by Supergirl".

And from the caption on page 17, panel 2, of the same story:

". . . Superboy flashes back through the time-barrier to his own era--and Supergirl's post-hypnotic command wipes out all knowledge of things connected with his future life as Superman."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L