superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:25:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have left the Marvel Universe and come over to DC  (Read 3169 times)
kina_angel
Superman Fan

« on: January 18, 2005, 10:33:51 PM »

I just got done reading Kingdom Come and Crisis on infinte earths. I am so lost right now. Can someone explain the purpose of Miracle Monday to me. I was also wondering what happened to Superman and wonderwoman's baby that was mentioned at the end of Kingdom come?
Some answer would be great. I look forward to your response. Cheesy [/img][/quote]

I am just a beginner but an eager learner. Somebody teach me please.
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 11:02:35 PM »

Miracle Monday was an extensive treatment of one of Supermans' core values: His code against killing.  The devil tried to trick him into violating that core value by making him think he was doing some higher good by killing Kristin Wells.  He couldn't find a great enough weakness to trip Superman up so he tried to distort one of his virtues.  Because Superman was absolutely committed to his values and unshakeable in this, Saturn failed, so Superman won the right to banish Saturn from our realm for all time.  Hence, though the world never knew why until Kristin published her doctoral thesis centuries later, the third Monday in May would be a holiday for all humanity until the end of time.  Somehow, all God's children knew that a great miracle had been accomplished on this day so we all somehow felt the need to celebrate it every year.

In the sequel to Kingdom Come, The Kingdom, Clark's and Diana's son, Jonathan is born.  We learn that due to his combined heritage from Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman (being his godfather), his iconic roots are so strong that he's the one being with power over Hyper-Time.  So, his adult self glimpsed in The Kingdom #2 is sometimes referred to as 'Hyperman' by fans though this name isn't mentioned in the chronicles.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 11:31:12 PM »

Welcome to the fold.

Who goes there?!
kina_angel
Superman Fan

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »

thanks for the clarification. I didn't mention this but I am doing my English thesis on Superman, Batman, and Wonderwoman. It's about what humans think true heros are. If anyone has comments they would be greatly appreciated. P.s. did anyone really like the way Stan Lee's reprocessing of the DC universe. I didn't. But maybe it was just me.

I am just a beginner but an eager learner. Somebody teach me please.
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 08:57:34 PM »

Stan Lee's "Just Imagine" works were quite forgettable and mediocre fare, IMHO.  The big draw was the founder of Marvel doing DC work.  Other than that, he either didn't exert any real creativity here or he's lost it and gone over the hill.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L