superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:53:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Super Toys for 2005!  (Read 13028 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: January 30, 2005, 06:30:05 AM »

FIRST APPEARANCE SERIES 3: COMPOSITE SUPERMAN ACTION FIGURE

When a lightning bolt bestowed all the combined powers of the Legion of Super-Heroes to janitor Joe Meach in 1964's WORLD'S FINEST #142, the villainous Composite Superman was born! This figure features multiple points of articulation, includes a base and a mini-reproduction of the comic in which the character first appeared, and is packaged in a 4-color deluxe blister.

- In stores May 25th, 2005.

CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS SERIES 1: SUPERGIRL ACTION FIGURE

During Crisis and the all-out assault on the Anti-Monitor's realm, Supergirl gave her life so the multiverse could survive. The Supergirl Action Figure features multiple points of articulation, includes a CRISIS-themed display base, and is packaged in a 4-color blister.

- In stores June 22th, 2005.

KINGDOM COME: SUPERMAN, HAWKMAN AND RED ROBIN STATUE

The first in a series of multicharacter statues direct from the pages of the best-selling graphic novel KINGDOM COME, designed by Alex Ross! This statue features Ross's striking visions of an older Superman, more bestial Hawkman, and an adult Robin! This limited-edition, hand-painted cold-cast porcelain statue is sculpted by Tony Cipriano and measures approximately 6.75" tall x 6" wide x 4" deep, includes a full-color Certificate of Authenticity, and is packaged in a 4-color box. Limited up to only 2500 pieces!

$89.99 - In stores July 6th, 2005.

SUPERMAN/BATMAN SERIES 1: PUBLIC ENEMIES: SUPERMAN ACTION FIGURE

Based on the art of Ed McGuinness! The Man of Steel unites with the Dark Knight when longtime enemy Lex Luthor accuses him of a horrible act against mankind. This figure features multiple points of articulation and includes a Superman/Batman logo base. Packaged in a 4-color deluxe blister.

- In stores August 17th, 2005.

MICHAEL TURNER SUPERGIRL STATUE

Fan-favorite artist Michael Turner took the DCU by storm with his critically acclaimed run on SUPERMAN/BATMAN, as he reinterpreted the Man of Steel and the Dark Knight and helped introduce a brand-new Supergirl! Now Turner's unique vision of this Earthbound angel on a mission to protect mankind from evil can be yours with the stunning SUPERGIRL STATUE!

Designed by Turner and sculpted by Tim Bruckner, who brought to life Jim Lee's vision of Batman and Superman, this statue measures approximately 10" tall x 6" wide and 9" deep and is packaged in a 4-color box.

$195.00 - In stores February 2nd, 2005.

DC COMICS CLASSIC ANIMATION MAQUETTE SERIES: SUPERMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES: SUPERMAN

The landmark SUPERMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES developed a bold new style for the Man of Steel. Now, that instantly recognizable design has been created as a beautifully sculpted MAQUETTE!

This limited-edition, hand-painted cold-cast porcelain MAQUETTE measures approximately 9.25" tall x 4" wide x 4.375" deep, includes a full-color Certificate of Authenticity and is packaged in a 4-color box.

$89.95 - In stores February 2nd, 2005.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 09:33:23 AM »

Wow. Everything looks pretty cool, although now that I get a good look at it the Public Enemies Superman does look a bit silly. All those Ed McGuiness muscles don't translate all that well into an action figure. Makes you wonder how poor Kal can even walk that clenched. Wink

-Def.

"You will believe a man can fly."
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 05:27:45 PM »

Quote from: "Defender"
Wow. Everything looks pretty cool, although now that I get a good look at it the Public Enemies Superman does look a bit silly. All those Ed McGuiness muscles don't translate all that well into an action figure. Makes you wonder how poor Kal can even walk that clenched. Wink

-Def.

The funny thing is that he really toned down the giant muscles since his actual Superman run!

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 05:56:38 AM »

Quote from: "Defender"
All those Ed McGuiness muscles don't translate all that well into an action figure. Makes you wonder how poor Kal can even walk that clenched. Wink

They should have called him Superthighs!  And isn't his head a little bit too big?  

All of the toys capture the eras exactly --although my faves would be the composite and animated Supes.  Surprisingly I like the Alex Ross set --his art works much better in 3-dimensions.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 11:55:17 PM »

TOY FAIR 2005

Superman related toylines:

Krypto - The Superdog
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showgallery.php?cat=668

Crisis on Infinte Earths
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showgallery.php?cat=672

Superman/Batman Public Enemies
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showgallery.php?cat=673

JLA
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showgallery.php?cat=676

Justice by Alex Ross
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showgallery.php?cat=677

13" Superman
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showgallery.php?cat=678

First Appearance Series 3
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showgallery.php?cat=685

- Elliot S! Maggin
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 01:52:51 AM »

The cardboard cut-out from the Crisis series makes it look like there is going to be an Earth-2 Perez-style Supes.  Have there ever been any Earth-2 Supes figures before?

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2005, 01:39:51 PM »

So much neat stuff, so little cash...  Overtime, here I come!  Cheesy  

As far as I know, Telle, unless you count the First Appearance Superman (great figure, by the way), there hasn't been an E-2 Supes yet.  

That Krypto stuff looks great!  I'm DEFINITELY getting me a Krypto!  Wink

nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 08:32:17 PM »

There never has been an Earth-2 Superman fig, at least not marketed as such.

Some folks are a bit miffed that it's going to be the older, gray-templed version as they'd like a youthful Supes to display with their JSA figs.  Personally I think they're daft!  I loved the idea of an older Supes and I especially like the fact that Perez differentiated him from the Earth-1 model with more than just gray hair.  Perez' Kal-L had blunter features, a stockier build and was I imagining it or did he look more than a little bit like George Reeves?  

Anyway I'm excited at the prospect of a Superman figure that will look different from all the others.  Especially since the "First Appearances" Golden Age Superman looks like modern Supes with a retro suit on...certainly he doesn't look anything like Joe Shuster drew him (well, his face doesn't anyway).  In contrast, the FA Batman looks just as Bob Kane drew him (or more accurately, as one of his ghosts drew him while he sat back and counted his money).

This looks like a job for...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L