superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE AUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:13:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How about including______________ in the comics section  (Read 26585 times)
Richard Grayson
Superman Fan

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 09:43:46 PM »

Everybody knows about the DC Archive Editions right? How about some of those?

The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 04:40:20 AM »

Stories that are readily available elsewhere are generally not added to this site.

You also might want to do a search of the forum to see discussions about the poor reproduction quality of the stories that are in the archives.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Richard Grayson
Superman Fan

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 11:23:52 PM »

You also might want to do a search of the forum to see discussions about the poor reproduction quality of the stories that are in the archives.

Oups! I didn't know they were poor quality. They seemed pretty good to me.

superboy
Superman Emergency Squad

Up,Up and away.

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 04:26:52 PM »

:Dsome silver/bronze age superman batman teamups.(idealy 70's or later. the 60's ones were plain corny. Angry
India Ink
Superman Squad

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 07:34:21 PM »

Oups! I didn't know they were poor quality. They seemed pretty good to me.

The quality of Archives varies. Some are really great, some are not so great, and some are horrid.

India Ink
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 01:46:05 PM »

The "reproduction" (ie: tracing over by arthritic chimpanzees) on Superman Archives #3 put me off the line for years.  Indeed, I never bought another Golden Age Superman volume.  Later I picked up a copy of Legion of Superheroes vol 5 -- covering the period when things got really good with Shooter and Swan -- and found it looked just as bad (thankfully I didn't have to buy it to see the contents).  So my Legion collection ends with vol 4.  If you'd have told me as a kid that someday I'd have a complete hardcover collection of John Forte Legion art and no Swan, I'd have said you were crazy.

This looks like a job for...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L