superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:45:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What was the last comic book you read?  (Read 9873 times)
Megatron
Superman Emergency Squad

« on: February 02, 2005, 04:44:22 AM »

I just finished reading 1-6 of Crimson Dynamo and thought it to be pretty cool.

What about you? What was the last comic book you read?
Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 10:11:03 AM »

Let's see, some titles I'm reading.

INVINCIBLE: Is a great little read about Mark Grayson, a young man following in the footsteps of his father, who is his world's greatest champion, the invincible Omniman. Sound familiar? You'd think, but the series does go in some very interesting directions. One to watch.

ADAM STRANGE: Yeah, the classic Silver Age SF superhero with the rocket pack and the fin on his head. But this series is awesome. Do yourself a favor and check it out.

ARMY OF DARKNESS: SHOP 'TIL YOU DROP DEAD: Ash, the bumbling boob of a hero from the classic film ARMY OF DARKNESS, is back in the present and working as a wage-slave at the S-Mart. But when evil is unleashed and the store is possessed by the demonic deadites, who else can charge to the rescue?

STORMBREAKER: THE SAGA OF BETA RAY BILL: One of my favorite story arcs about that other superhero in the red cape featured this fellow, the champion of an oppressed alien people who gained the power of a certain hammer-wielding norse god. Written by Michael Oeming, whose work on HAMMER OF THE GODS and POWERS is a thing of beauty.

That's all for now. More when I get home to rummage through my current comics pile. Smiley

-Def.

"You will believe a man can fly."
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 02:24:35 AM »

I guess you mean the last NEW comic?

Either JLA/Avengers 4 or DC The New Frontier 1, whichever came later,  I forget.  Either way it was about this time last year.

I'm kind of intrigued by Steve Rude's new"Moth" book and "The Escapist," but I've yet to find the former and the latter's too pricey.

This looks like a job for...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 04:03:58 AM »

I am about half way done with Alan Moore's America's Best Comics TPB.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 04:37:14 AM »

Fantastic Four.  Doctor Strange.  Superman/Batman.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 10:27:32 AM »

Anders Nilsen's "Dogs and Water".

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 05:42:14 AM »

Nightwing, do yourself a favor and pick up THE NEW FRONTIER PART ONE. It's a trade collecting the first half of the series, and man is it ever good.

Supermonkey, I highly reccomend both TOM STRONG and TERRA OBSCURA from ABC. Give them a read, I'm sure you'll like them both.

Alan Moore's stuff on Supreme is just obvious, but nevertheless every time I read THE STORY OF THE YEAR and THE RETURN I come away with something new that makes me smile.

Oh, and Gil Kane's SUPERMAN: BLOOD OF MY ANCESTORS is just awesome.

-Def.

"You will believe a man can fly."
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2005, 11:30:15 PM »

Go Girl & Go Girl!-The Time Squad by Dark Horse Comics.
Sure it's B&W, but it has all the best elements of the best Silver and Golden age stories.

Flare by Heroic Publishing.  Terry(Flare) has quite an attitude, however the story is well written.  Her origin is not a pleasent one.  The few bits dropped have told me that I don't want to know the full details of her past.

Green Lantern: Rebirth.  Nice story that is so far respectful to all the characters involved.

Identity Crisis-I want my money back.   Sad

Slayers.  What can't you like about Lina Inverse?  Wink
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L