superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:03:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: superman comic and Dean Cain  (Read 23354 times)
dj_intheuk
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2003, 04:21:54 PM »

Dean's suit changed a lot in season 1, and I seem to remember them changing it again in season 2. Guess it took the costume department a while to get it right. Plus I seem to remember Dean once saying in an interview - his body shaped changed slightly over the years which meant minor changes to the tights all the time.

I remember the 'S' in the Pilot ep being really small in comparison to the suit in the photo posted above.  I prefered the bigger  S!  so when they did modify the costume it usually looked better for it IMO Smiley

Just another Cain thought: Does anyone remember in the 1st or 2nd episode when Lois sees Clark in a towel after just getting out of the shower? Wow!

Yeah, and Lois says, "I said nine I thought you be'd naked, I mean, *ready*"  Wink   I like the added comedy when Lois then preceeds to look in Clark's fridge whilst he gets dressed to find it full of junk food and asks him, "You eat like an eight year old and look like Mr. Hardbody. What's your secret?"  :lol:

I'm a big fan of show, even after the Lois clone thing - I must be one of the few that liked that story - mainly cos Lex was back Cheesy   I think the writers did a good job of actually letting Lois & Clark develop as characters and in their relationship as the seasons went on.

Dj in the UK

---
Assitant to the Christopher Reeve Homepage
http://come.to/chrisreeve
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2003, 10:56:10 PM »

The show wasn't a classic but when you accept it for the Light romantic/action oriented show it was and understand that the relationship between Lois and Clark was the heart and soul of the show - then you see a wonderful show it was.

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2003, 10:57:36 PM »

Quote from: "Commander8"
Nothing personal against Dean Cain, but Kevin Sorbo would have made a better Superman.

Kevin Sorbo would make a good superman as would many different people but I don't think Sorbo did so bad with that little show of his back then - you know the one called "Hercules."

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
NeoRanger
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2003, 10:42:12 PM »

Quote from: "lastkryptonianhere"
The show wasn't a classic but when you accept it for the Light romantic/action oriented show it was and understand that the relationship between Lois and Clark was the heart and soul of the show - then you see a wonderful show it was.
It was the first show of its kind. Until then all Superman shows were about the man of steel. His alter ego, his family and his friends were not even supporting cast. L&C was meant to follow the Superman comic back then (late 80's-early to mid 90's) For example Superman's longer cape. Also the story with New Krypton was written as a major crisis similar to the one of the Superman's death on the comic book (Remember the black suite?). Lois and Clark revealed the true identity of the man of steel. Like in the comic book at the time Superman was the disguise. Clark Kent disguised as Superman to use his powers publicly. And that was different because until then Superman disguised into mild mannered reporter Clark Kent.
L&C wasn't so much action-based. It was about the early years of Superman and how his life was changed when he met Lois Lane, no longer part of the supporting cast, but just as important as Clark.
bibboUK
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2004, 12:57:33 PM »

I went from two extremes with Lois and Clark. When the show started I absolutely loved it, it was by far my favourite show and I would look forward to it all week (much the the amusement of my girlfriends at the time). I love the character of Superman but it's hard to portray his character well. He's such a Boy Scout that it's easy to make him not particularly interesting (eg the animated series of Superman or justice league - I just want to slap him sometimes) but I think Dean Cain did a really good job of balancing the innocence which was helped a great deal by the chemistry with Terri Hatcher. However once Lois knew superman was Clark it seemed to deteriorate from there and turned into a very run of the mill sitcom.

Computerized dating can save a lot of guesswork - but so can a bikini. -- Ed Parrish
Web: Speed Dating | online Dating |  Speed Dating
Tiberious
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2004, 06:18:57 AM »

I really liked the show. Maybe because it was the only Superman of my generation. Yes I missed out on the Movies and George Reeves as well Sad.
Though I did watch the movies when I was young, I never really got into them (been meaning to buy them lately) and though I watched the old show I also was never a huge fan, though I did enjoy it.

I'm actually really surprised that people people also liked this show, often when I have looked around people really didn't like the show and specially not Dean Cain as Superman. The big reason I heard (other than: I just didn't like it) was that Dean Cain wasn't really an impressive Superman, or that he was too short. I think Dean Cain is 6'1" and Superman 'should' be 6'3".
crazedvillain
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2004, 02:38:03 AM »

I didn't like the costume.  The elblem, based on the John Byrne version, was too large.  It stood out way too much, making Cain's shoulders and chest look small by comparison.  The elblem looked fine in the pilot episode.  It doesn't need to be the size of Texas.
     They never gave Dean Cain a hairstyle as Superman.  They just slicked it back.  Whenever you saw Cain being interviewed, when it was Dean Cain the actor that you were seeing, he had a hairstyle, and he did look like Superman.  With his hair slicked back for the show, not as much.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L