superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:51:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: superman comic and Dean Cain  (Read 22674 times)
Kal-El10
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2003, 03:59:25 AM »

I enjoyed the show for the most part. Cain's Clark was the best since George Reeves. The biggest complaint I have is the costume they gave Cain to wear was godawful compared to Chris Reeve's. Heck even the late 80's Superboy costume was superior.
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2003, 04:06:41 AM »

Quote from: "Kal-El10"
. The biggest complaint I have is the costume they gave Cain to wear was godawful compared to Chris Reeve's. Heck even the late 80's Superboy costume was superior.

I agree on that point but I have to say that Dean was the best dressed Clark Kent ever of course since the name was Lois and Clark I have to say that Teri Hatcher's Lois was able to show both a Professional and Sensual side to her outfits and who could ever forget Lois the biker babe in leather and a tattoo

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
valdemar
Superman Family

... and who, disguised as...

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2003, 05:29:40 AM »

who could ever forget Lois the biker babe in leather and a tattoo

Yow!  That sounds like something I certainly wouldn't want to forget!  Which episode was that?

"It is not too far fetched to predict that some day our very own planet may be peopled entirely by SUPERMEN!"
- Jerry Siegel, Superman #1
Kal-El10
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2003, 05:31:16 AM »

I guess they spent the budget on Clark's clothes not Superman's. Teri Hatcher is definitely the hottest Lois yet. She'd be my choice to play Lois in the neww movie, especially if they pick a bit older actor like Brendan Fraiser to play Supes.
valdemar
Superman Family

... and who, disguised as...

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2003, 05:52:42 AM »

What didn't you guys like about Dean Cain's Superman costume?

I thought it was a good mix of the old and the new, and I liked the slight modifications that they made to the S.

"It is not too far fetched to predict that some day our very own planet may be peopled entirely by SUPERMEN!"
- Jerry Siegel, Superman #1
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2003, 03:36:38 PM »

Well I thought the colors were too bright for one, the belt always looked more like a old hot wheels race track, the boots were okay but just a tad to dark and thought that th cape was a bit to long.

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
Tarkas
Superman Fan

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2003, 11:32:00 AM »

This sort of thing is all a matter of personal taste, anyway, but I liked the Cain costume, particularly the darker blue. The shiny material made me stop and think, but I came to like it. Okay, the boots were a bit off, but I wonder if that and some of the other "changes" were deliberate -- to reinforce the "home-made" idea of Clark's suit. As he put it in the pilot, "My mother made it for me." So maybe some of the differences between this and other versions of the costume reflect that particular point, which was a continuing thread throughout the first season and, more rarely, thereafter.

Other changes, like the bigger cape, were made to reflect the artwork of the time when the series was being planned, IMO -- most notably, the way that John Byrne made Superman's cape much bigger (at times, it looked like he'd borrowed one of Thor's! :lol:) and had it swirl more. And then there was the question of budget...! The various changes of the suit over the course of the series -- especially from the pilot to the first season -- simply reflect the studio spending money on the suit(s) and getting experience with how it worked visually and practically.

But, for all that, it was still Superman up there; a slightly different Superman, perhaps, but a darn good one and the first post-Crisis screen version.

Ping! Ping! Ping! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox sometimes...
Kal-El10
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2003, 12:15:54 AM »

I think you make good points & yes there was a homemade look to the costume.  If i gave the impression I didn't like the show that was my mistake. Its strengths vastly outweigh its weaknesses.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L