superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonBatman!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:07:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: superman comic and Dean Cain  (Read 22671 times)
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2003, 04:39:49 AM »

Quote from: "Kal-El10"
Its strengths vastly outweigh its weaknesses.

I agree that the show wasn't classic super hero action but I learned to accept it for what it was a light romaniac Action show featuring Superman but the real stars of the show were Lois and Clark not Superman.  The series heart and soul was their relationship.  On that level it was wonderful well until the clone story.

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
Kal-El10
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2003, 02:36:28 AM »

You are exactly correct about the heart & soul of the show being the relationship of Lois & Clark. The few attempts at real action were erratic at best. The show was originally intended as a 9 or 10 o'clock show. It would have been interesting to see what it might have been if ABC had run it at the intended time period.
Ra-El
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2003, 01:00:28 AM »

While I agree about the boots, they should have matched it to the rest of the red in the costume, and the belt should have been a little toned down, but the long cape.  I think that was what was great.  I always picture Superman having a cape larger then life, to go with the rest of him.

And I agree with Ric-El, Dean is gorgeous.
KaraReeve
Superman Fan

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2003, 07:48:22 AM »

I think the suit valdemar pictured was great!  I don't mind the color of the boots so much as how loose and wrinkled they look.  Cain did have a different suit that I didn't like.  I can't seem to find my pictures of it unfortunately, maybe someone else can find one.  The cape was attached to the front of his shoulders over big padded squares.  It was really weird.  It made him look like some beefed up parody of a superhero you might see on SNL or Jay and Silent Bob.

-Just another Cain thought:  Does anyone remember in the 1st or 2nd episode when Lois sees Clark in a towel after just getting out of the shower?  Wow! :love:
mitchella35
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2003, 08:00:54 PM »

I really liked Lois and Clark up until the point where they brought the Kryptonians back. Even pre-crisis, there were only a handful of survivors from the planet Krypton, Him, his Cousin, and that annoying Dog. Post-Crisis his race were unable to leave the planet because the eradicator had genetically bound them to the planet. His father removed the genetic binding from Kal-El and sent him off. It made no sense to me to bring the entire kryptonian race back, it wa pointless and stupid and destroyed one of the main points of the superman character. Still other than that and after they buggered off again, the show picked up till they ran out of ideas and had him as robin hood. Still, fantastic series overall, with one or two bad eggs.

Tony

--Nooch
Ra-El
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2003, 04:02:06 AM »

I kinda disagree I think it would be resonable to say that at a given point Krypton had colonies and it lost contact after the move to become an isolationist world. I don't know if that justifies the Kyrptonians in the show coming back for Kal-El, but I took it for what it is, just another variation of the Superman stories.  The story within itself was interesting if you move it away from the mainstream Superman continuity.

Anyway I would like to see a small world of a few thousand Kryptonians appear in the comic.  Not necessarily the way TV handled them, but something along the lines of Superman discovers them and studies them from a far, they have no knowledge of Earth and Kal-El.
Krypto
Superman Fan

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2003, 10:37:40 AM »

im proud you guys have a whole section of the site dedicated to me (krypto) lol

I Fight For Truth Justice And The American Way
Commander8
Superman Fan

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2003, 10:31:04 PM »

Nothing personal against Dean Cain, but Kevin Sorbo would have made a better Superman.

Great Guns
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L