superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:41:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Superman Returns" in 2006?  (Read 4642 times)
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« on: February 04, 2005, 09:15:45 PM »

WB has apparently announced a release date sometime in June, 2006 for the new Superman movie.  Of course, they've been announcing release dates for the last 10 years, so I'll believe it when I see it.

But this is only 1 and a half years away - is there even a script written yet?  Or have they got a cast and a title without a story?  I don't know because I haven't really been following this too closely.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
shazamtd
Superman Family

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 04:16:14 PM »

The release date is set for June 30, 2006.  Right now they are finishing up the script.  They have a cast and are supposed to start shooting in March.
Bryan Singer is directing.  Brandon Routh is playing Superman and Kevin Spacey is playing Lex Luthor.

"Is there no one on this planet to even challenge me?!" - General Zod (Superman II)
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 02:06:59 PM »

Thanks shazamtd.  So the script is currently in progress?  I really hope they know what they're doing.  Just imagine if they did it right, and what they could accomplish with today's special effects!

I'd like to see a classic Fortress - big golden metal door, keyhole, and arrow marker in the arctic wastes.  A walk through the zoo of alien flora and fauna - a Bottle City of Kandor - maybe even with a visit to it!  How about a Superman robot or two? Hollywood technology is finally at the point where they could actually faithfully incorporate all those wild space age 50s and 60s concepts.  It'd be great to actually see them up on the big screen!

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
valdemar
Superman Family

... and who, disguised as...

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 03:28:48 PM »

Lex is in it.

Maybe they'll have him steal the sun.

"It is not too far fetched to predict that some day our very own planet may be peopled entirely by SUPERMEN!"
- Jerry Siegel, Superman #1
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005, 04:06:06 PM »

cast:

Kate Bosworth    ....    Lois Lane
Sam Huntington   ....    Jimmy Olsen
Hugh Laurie   ....    Perry White
James Marsden   ....    Richard White
Brandon Routh   ....    Superman/Clark Kent
Eva Marie Saint   ....    Martha Kent
Kevin Spacey   ....    Lex Luthor

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 05:25:16 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
Kevin Spacey   ....    Lex Luthor

But will he be bald?

There was a recent interview with Eva Marie Saint where she mentioned that this new movie is a direct sequel to the events of Superman II and that she's playing "Glenn Ford's widow."    Very exciting if true, I think continuing the existing movie series is a much better idea than starting a new series.  The Reeve continuity is just too deeply ingrained in the culture.  Plus it's awesome.

Too bad they tossed out IV, though.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L