superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:10:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sorry but Off-Topic: Need your advice..  (Read 4219 times)
Rugal 3:16
Last Son of Krypton

« on: February 07, 2005, 12:33:51 PM »

Since the posters here aren't the same pubert state posters as in other typical boards. I've got a problem..

I'm in Love with my Boss.

Now I come from a part in the world where we aren't as "westernized" as you americans.. you can say we're a bit more conservative..

I Really like this woman a lot..

If it were only normal circumstances I'd ask her out/court her and stuff kinda like those..

But she's three Tiers above me in status.

I can't present myself well when she just looks at me like a Rank and File (although she's very nice)

Kinda scared that when I reach her status, She might be already married.

I Kinda look up to her like someone looks up to say a superhero (although nowhere near that childish in that respect)

I Feel like the EXTREME underdog..

and we all know the Underdog only gets their triumph in the movies/comics.

But DARN I'm in love with her.

I can't just tell her that cuz that would give her the power over me/ have me at the grasp of her hand.

I can't approach her like some high school or college thing since it's different.

not to mention she's four years older than me.

Sorry for the Spam Super Monkey.

Otenami Haiken to iko ka
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 01:34:03 PM »

I am going to move this to the off-topic forum.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 01:26:48 PM »

My advice would be to proceed with caution. Inter-office romance is a risky proposition to begin with, but with a superior it can lead to some serious complications. My advice would be to hang out with her as much as you can in those Office Social scenarios companies like to throw out there, or if anyone is heading out to socialize after work, etc.

You could try just talking to her, socializing, test the waters to see if there's any chance she could share your feelings. Don't go overboard, but try to be friendly and a friend and see how it goes from there. The key to a good relationship is to start as friends first and let things progress. Getting to know her as a person with flaws as well as merits also eases her down from any pedestal you might have set her on, letting you see her as an individual rather than an ideal.

Best of luck,

-Def.

"You will believe a man can fly."
Rugal 3:16
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 01:42:01 PM »

What about the age factor I'm like so young compared to her..

Otenami Haiken to iko ka
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 01:48:31 PM »

Danger, Will Robinson - DANGER! DANGER!!!! :shock:  :shock:
Defender
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 01:36:59 AM »

Four years isn't so bad--my parents have a three year age gap and I've dated some older and younger women in my time. But again, the rank factor and the age factor could lead to some serious complications. I'd take it slow, try building a rapport with her and see how things go from there. One step at a time.

-Def.

"You will believe a man can fly."
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 02:04:15 AM »

Age factor is no big deal, 4 years is nothing, but the rank factor makes this a no win deal, better just move on and find someone else.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L