superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:35:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Preliminary thoughts  (Read 21944 times)
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2005, 05:51:31 PM »

Quote from: "Bill 9000"
I couldn't resist. I added the text on Wonder-Man for the site. Please take a read and tell me if you find it acceptable.

Looks good to me!  Did you write it yourself?

It might make sense to also incorporate the material from the Fleisher entry:

http://superman.nu/a/Encyclopaedia/wonder.php

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2005, 05:53:27 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
the infamous Super-Sons of Earth-E!

Hah! I'm gonna love drawing that one ... Superboy with funky 70's sideburns! :lol:

Um ... if nobody else minds. I'd like to imbed the Superman image that I originally posted to the Superman entry in the Overview section. But since this deals with Superman's entry itself, I wanted to check with everyone before I went ahead and did it.

Who goes there?!
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2005, 07:42:44 PM »

Hey, the Super Sons were in World's Finest, so they're canonical - but the computer simulation explanation was also in WF, so that's canonical too.  None of this Earth-E stuff which, although I prefer as an explanation, was never acknowledged in the chronicles themselves.

I for one certainly don't mind you putting your Superman picture in the Superman entry.  But it also looks good on the main page, are you going to keep it in both places, or come up with something else for the splash?

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2005, 05:17:36 PM »

Actually, I'll keep it where it is for now. I'll be reworking the image for Superman's actual entry, and I'll also be coming up with a logo for the site, too.

Who goes there?!
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2005, 03:58:50 AM »

Not sure if this has been discussed, but shouldn't we be including Pre-Crisis material that's found in the original Who's Who series? I noticed that there's more info on such things as the Phantom Zone in the series than what's in the current Supermanica entry. Might be worth including since these sources can pretty much be considered canonical.

Who goes there?!
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2005, 03:02:05 PM »

I think most of the entries that are up now are from the Fleischer book, which ends at 1964, so obviously there's lots of Phantom Zone material not covered.  Rao's set it up so once we've got the bare bones online, we can always go in and add to or amend existing entries.  So if you know something about the Phantom Zone you want added, go for it.

The Who's Who could be a great source for post 1964 info, so long as we only include the info that relates to titles that are in canon.  The problem with Who's Who is that it's not always clear what happened where.  (For example, a Who's Who entry might mention that Superman met He-Man, but if it happened in DC Comics Presents, then we can't include it.  Fleischer cited each bit of data, but Who's Who did not.  In fact, all I remember them citing was first appearances).

I think the Who's Who would be most useful for old-timers like me, who need our memory jogged about what happened to certain characters, so we can begin searching for the exact issues where it happened.

This looks like a job for...
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2005, 04:01:22 PM »

Well, I wrote mine of the top of my head and certainly those entries could use some emblellishments & addenum(s).
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2005, 06:40:22 PM »

Bill, I think it looks terrific! Great job as usual.

I just added entries for the Composite Superman (surprise, surprise) and his alter-ego Joe Meach as a test of the system.  It's really cool.

The only problem I had was that I made an error in the entry name itself...I wrote "Joe meach" with a lower-case "M."  I couldn't find any way to correct it, though I see now that it's corrected itself...or perhaps Rao did it.  Anyway, just for future reference, is there a way to fix an entry name when we goof it up?

I love how easy it is to go in and add internal links to related articles! I just added Xan and will soon add Xyl, two aliens from the second Compy tale.  (One of them is only "on" for two panels!).  At this rate, this thing is going to be huge in no time!

This looks like a job for...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L