superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:39:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Preliminary thoughts  (Read 21948 times)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2005, 07:15:54 PM »

Rao -thanks.

Bill 9k
- WOW!

Nightwing- Compy, natch. Is Flamebird next?

Wish I could color that SGirl Mooney pic I posted....... :roll:
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2005, 08:34:16 PM »

I tried to color it for you, but I don't know if I'm happy with the results.  Check it out:

http://superman.nu/wiki/index.php/Image:400px-SupergirlbyJim_Mooney.jpg

This looks like a job for...
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2005, 11:10:24 PM »

Quote from: "nightwing"
I tried to color it for you, but I don't know if I'm happy with the results.  Check it out:

http://superman.nu/wiki/index.php/Image:400px-SupergirlbyJim_Mooney.jpg

Looks good to me! Cheesy
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2005, 05:52:30 AM »

Quote from: "nightwing"
The only problem I had was that I made an error in the entry name itself...I wrote "Joe meach" with a lower-case "M."  I couldn't find any way to correct it, though I see now that it's corrected itself...or perhaps Rao did it.  Anyway, just for future reference, is there a way to fix an entry name when we goof it up?

That was me, I fixed it.  I moved the page from "Joe meach" to "Joe Meach."    Moving a page seems to be one of the special powers reserved for the site administrator.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2005, 02:55:46 PM »

Im thinking of deleting some of the images Ive uploaded that arent being used to free up some bandwidth but havent yet figured out how to do so.

Thoughts?
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2005, 03:35:47 PM »

Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"
Im thinking of deleting some of the images Ive uploaded that arent being used to free up some bandwidth but havent yet figured out how to do so.

Thoughts?

Good question. I've been trying to figure that one out myself. By the way, Klar, would you mind terribly if I expanded on your Titano write-up? I'm planning on writing up an entry for the Atomic Skull, and since I have to cross-reference it with Titano anyway, I thought I might add to it.

Another suggestion for categories comes to mind. Maybe we should include an Objects category that would cover such things as the Phantom Zone Projector, Jimmy Olsen's signal watch, the ever-popular Supermobile and (of course) the various forms of kryptonite.

And while on the subject of Categories, I've been looking through them and I found that some of them have become sort of redundant. For example, we have a general category for Locations, yet we also have a "Geographic Locations" category, a "Planets" category, a "Dimensional Realms" category, and a category for Krypton itself. In my humble opinion, these should all come under the "Locations" category. That's how the official Star Wars site's databank handles it. We also have a "Villains" category and a "Criminals" category. Since these two are pretty much interchangeable, why not just have a "Villains" category and just leave it at that? The same thing goes for the "Aliases" and "Superman's Aliases" categories. These two can just be amalgamated into a simple "Aliases" category. These might make things a little less confusing to visitors.

Any thoughts?[/url]

Who goes there?!
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2005, 03:38:59 PM »

Bill, go for it.  I do quick overviews as to jump start categories.  Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane are nothing but pics thus far...

Thought the Atomic Skull came much later (in the post reboot era but maybe that's another Atomic Skull) and since I stopped reading comics for the most part in the mid 70s there's plenty I dont know about!

Yeah categories - need one for creatures like the Matter Eater Beast and The Thing from 400,000 AD. Teleptahic hounds from Kandor would be animals, kryptonian me thinks.

What the heck were the names of those critters from Krypton with big TV sets on their heads which revealled what they were thinking?
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2005, 03:42:51 PM »

Quote from: "Bill 9000"
Another suggestion for categories comes to mind. Maybe we should include an Objects category that would cover such things as the Phantom Zone Projector, Jimmy Olsen's signal watch, the ever-popular Supermobile and (of course) the various forms of kryptonite.

How about 'Gadgets' for the PZ projector, signal watch, and Supermobile?  The various kryptonites could maybe get a 'Kryptonite' category, or just be part of one entry.
We also have a "Villains" category and a "Criminals" category. Since these two are pretty much interchangeable, why not just have a "Villains" category and just leave it at that?

I don't know.  I don't think some two-bit inept mugger or jewel thief (a "criminal") from the 1950s is really in the same category as someone like, say, Brainiac or Mongul (a "super-villain").  If Criminals and Villains are combined, maybe there should be different name, something more general, for the category?

Klar, do you mind if I expand (or even replace) some of your entries with the material from Fleisher's book?

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L