superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:37:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Preliminary thoughts  (Read 22177 times)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2005, 03:53:59 PM »

Go for it, Star child - dont have the Fleischer book just my 12th level memory bank...which is kinda overdrawn at the moment.

The intent was just to get those entries up and then lets those with the Fleischer book or their vast array of Supermanica knowledge get busy! Smiley

I think you can leave some of mine up (rather than replace them) as capsule OVERVIEWS so that the basics can be dessiminated at a glance and then delve into the more detailed entry.
Bill 9000
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2005, 04:00:11 PM »

Quote from: "Klar Ken T5477"
Thought the Atomic Skull came much later (in the post reboot era but maybe that's another Atomic Skull) and since I stopped reading comics for the most part in the mid 70s there's plenty I dont know about!

Har! There was a Pre-Crisis Atomic Skull. When he first appeared, he was a renegade STAR Labs scientist who implanted a control device into Titano's skull in order to use him against Big Blue. He first appeared in Superman Vol. 1 #323 (September 1976).

Who goes there?!
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2005, 05:46:31 PM »

I am going to add a Kryptonite entry, since I spent so much time complete a full list, I might as well Smiley You can all then go in and edit it by writing information about each one, and I will as well.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2005, 06:01:19 PM »

What the heck were the names of those critters from Krypton with big TV sets on their heads which revealled what they were thinking?

Simply, "Thought-Beasts"... Cheesy  

Rhino-like but with miraculous "flat screen" heads, since there seemed to be no picture tubes..maybe plasma screens?

They might have been accused of limited thinking as the TV screens always projected images of them chomping on the torso of whoever they intended to attack...
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2005, 06:52:03 PM »

Go for it, Star child - dont have the Fleischer book just my 12th level memory bank...which is kinda overdrawn at the moment.

Alright, I'm going to start with Jimmy Olsen.  It's a doozy at 12 pages (not as long as Superman, though) so I might have to do it in installments.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2005, 06:53:08 PM »

Ok, I have added the Kryptonite entry! It is the largest and most comprehensive Kryptonite list on the web or in print!

Feel free to add more information to each one if you like (I only gave brief descriptions of each one), but please do not take anything out if you can help it.

Edit:

Here is a direct link: http://superman.nu/wiki/index.php/Kryptonite

But it doesn't show up here:
http://superman.nu/wiki/index.php/Category:Entries

only here:
http://superman.nu/wiki/index.php/Special:Allpages

which I notice has many articles not included in the 1st page.

1. Digby_Selwyn
   2. Flamebird
   3. Gorgeous_Superman
   4. Kryptonite
   5. Nightwing
   6. Ugly_Superman

what is going on :?:

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2005, 11:29:06 PM »

Only articles which are in the "Entries" category will show up on the Entries page.  Every article anyone adds, they should also add to the Entries category.  You do this by putting the following line at the end of your article:

[[Category:Entries]]

Some articles should also be in more than one category:  like Flamebird  should also be in People and Heroes.  

See this forum article for more on categories, or click on 'edit' on one of the other entries at Supermanica to see how it's done.

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2005, 12:53:34 AM »

Thanks!

I went ahead and added:

1. Digby_Selwyn
2. Flamebird
3. Gorgeous_Superman
4. Kryptonite
5. Nightwing
6. Ugly_Superman

to the [[Category:Entries]]

- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L