superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:30:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question  (Read 13797 times)
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2005, 09:13:59 AM »

Megatron, do I interpret this to mean that we should NOT be helpful on this board?  The questioner asked about a Post-Crisis character, which normally falls outside the scope of this forum.  Since other posters either have little knowledge (or interest) in this Supergirl, it seemed only appropriate to contribute what little information I had to offer.  If I was researching for a school paper I'd certainly hope others would lend similar assistance.  On many occasions I've asked questions or desired feedback on various message boards -- and many times I've only encountered digital silence. It's not pleasant feeling ignored.  And that's something I don't wish upon other posters, especially if I happen to know the answer.

As for unreplied topics, I respond whenever appropriate.  Indeed, recently I've wondered if I've become TOO "gabby" on my frequented boards.  Perhaps I should just shut up for now.

DTO
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2005, 09:50:06 AM »

Hey, we need all the "gabbers" we can get over here.  Keep up the good work dto.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2005, 01:48:21 PM »

Quote from: "dto"
Indeed, recently I've wondered if I've become TOO "gabby" on my frequented boards.  Perhaps I should just shut up for now.

Perhaps not, please keep posting, gab away! Cheesy

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Ms BonJovi
Superman Fan

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2005, 01:13:29 PM »

Didn't mean to cause any trouble. Thanks for the help. Might call again!!! Go raibh maith agat!

Bubbles
Psi
Superman's Pal

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2005, 03:32:27 PM »

Well, I read the series, and have a special place in my heart for the Matrix/Linda/Supergirl myself, so I'll try and take a jab at it.

The good Lex Luthor from the Pocket Dimension stated he used the genetic imprint of Lana Lang to create this psuedo Life form called Supergirl.  So exactly how much of Matrix was Lana Lang?  We'll never know to be honest.  She had shape changing abilities though, so she could become anyone, looks wise.

About the merging of the souls.  The one thing I could see from that was that Matrix never had a soul.  She was artificial, and easily manipulated.  She could never grasp so much, and she felt empty.  Soul-less.  When she gave herself freely to save Linda, and they merged, as stated above, she merged herself with Linda, her body, Linda's soul.  They became one person.   Now, its very arguable that this couldn't have been possible with two real live people.  Religiously two souls cannot merge.  But if one is without soul, then I guess it makes it easier to believe.  There were other Earth Angels in the PAD series... and it was never explained how they merged.. I think more insight could have been done with the aspects of the others.

Supergirl had a hard time adjusting.  Was she Linda Danvers in Supergirls body?  Or was she Matrix/Supergirl, with the memories of a dead Linda Danvers?  It took her a long time to fully realize that she was as much Linda Danvers as Supergirl, and to be honest as the series kept going, the more you realized that she was truly more Linda Danvers than anything else.

I have no idea if that helps or not.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L