superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:17:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Page layout & links  (Read 5046 times)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« on: February 16, 2005, 10:22:19 PM »

Altho I havent provided linkage on my entries to other articles (or articles of the future), I have bold faced where I thought they might be.  The bold faced linkage looks good on the page layout for speed reads and quick links links.

What do U folks think?
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 04:35:32 AM »

Looks good to me, Klar!  Supergirl, Superboy, Krypton, and you.

The Superman 2965 entry got me thinking.  Now I know he is your area of expertise, but why mention the fact that there was never a Superman 2965/LSH crossover, or theories about Mort Weisinger and why there wasn't?  I kind of like the approach that Michael Fleisher took, and wonder if we should stick with it:
Quote from: "Michael Fleisher"
In the writing of this encyclopedia, certain conventions were employed. Superman and all the other characters appearing in the chronicles were treated as though they were real people, and the adventures were treated as though they were actual historical events. The comic books containing the accounts of Superman's exploits were studied as though they were historical documents chronicling the lives and adventures of actual persons.

So when you get into speculation about why certain stories were written certain ways, you break the reality.

He continues:
The legend of Superman is elaborate and complex. Individual comic book sources sometimes differ in recounting a given set of events, and sources can often be found to support conflicting sets of "facts." In cases where comic book sources were discrepant with regard to particular details of Superman's life and career, an effort was made to reconcile the discrepancies in light of the total data available. A fact attested to in several comic books was accorded more weight than a contradictory fact stated in only one comic book. A statement made in a comic book concerning a contemporary event in Superman's life was accorded more weight than a contradictory statement concerning that same event made years later in the form of a recollection or flashback. Wherever strong support exists in the texts for opposing sets of facts, the evidence for both is examined in detail in this encyclopedia.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 05:44:04 AM »

Dont have the Fleisher book myself...those entries were off the top of my head with some minor editing.  

Didnt mean to break down the 4th wall. Feel free to edit, natch. Cheesy

The years 2965/66 are far from being my expertrise as I am grounded in the historical time period of now. :wink:

But still dont know how to link to other articles via "hyperlink" SupermanicA style...... :roll:
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 01:24:34 PM »

I wish I had the book so that I could add some things, but sadly, I do not. I tried taking it out from the library but someone filched the book!

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 02:10:39 PM »

Beppo, old pal, I bet you a cache of Silver Krytonite that you, like myself have more super knowledge in your grey matter and could knock off an entry or two without even batting a flick of your simian tail. :wink:
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 02:30:03 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
I wish I had the book so that I could add some things, but sadly, I do not. I tried taking it out from the library but someone filched the book!

Did you try interlibrary loan?  That's how I got a copy to use - albeit temporarily, since I'm going to return it when it's due.

I used it to add an article you might like.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L