superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonSuperman Through the Ages!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:36:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "How to Tame a Wild Volcano!" in GLORIOUS B&W  (Read 6574 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: February 17, 2005, 03:44:12 AM »

Special thanks to the Almighty Aldous for sending in his scans of the complete issue!

So now we've got three versions of this Sand Saga installment:

The U.S. color version;
The B&W linework only version;
and Aldous' original over-sized scans as he sent them in, for people who just can't get close enough to that artwork!

S!

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 04:25:02 AM »

Alright, two questions:  Who's going to write the Quarrm entry for Supermanica?  I'm willing to do it, but not until I've read the rest of the sand saga.

2nd:  I'd never noticed this until seeing the oversized scans - but what is that thing around Superman's neck in this issue??

That artwork is wonderful.  Thank you Aldous.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 09:34:42 AM »

Quote from: "The Starchild"
I'd never noticed this until seeing the oversized scans - but what is that thing around Superman's neck in this issue??

It's a miniature microphone that enables Clark Kent to continue his TV commentary while he's in action as Superman.

I know men aren't renowned for their multi-tasking abilities, but this is the Man of Steel after all!

Quote from: "The Starchild"
Thank you Aldous.

You're very welcome... And thank you to Great Rao for making the black and white version available on the website.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 01:44:29 PM »

I really love how it looks in B&W, I prefer it over the colored version.
Thanks a lot for sharing.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 02:07:43 PM »

Aldous you rule-- the B&W super scans are almost close to the original size of the art and boy are they GORGEOUS!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L