superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:11:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: History of Superman  (Read 3238 times)
tamerinho
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: February 18, 2005, 02:31:55 PM »

Hello everybody

Great site and great forum.

I might be sort of in need of real updates.

I'm an eternal fan of the man of steel, I'm 36 now, I used to read all comins since the age of 7 till the age of 28 or 29 ... I followed things closely till the Doomsday period .. and the appearance of the 4 supermen .. then after that I lost trace (due to various professional and personal reasons).

Could some me PM me or email me a summary of what happened after the Doomsday thing ?

I tried to check out through various sites but I sort of got lost ... so much input and very dispersive.

I know it might seems tough to summarize  or 8 years ... but at least if someone could give me some indication where I can find info in chronological order to be able to get back on track.

Thanks in advance & Ciao.

T.

Viva Superman.     :lol:
NotSuper
Action Ace

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 02:22:57 AM »

There's a post-Crisis Superman timeline here.  Keep in mind that it's only up to March 2001. I hope this helps you.

Many people want others to accept their opinions as fact. If enough people accept them as fact then it gives the initial person or persons a feeling of power. This is why people will constantly talk about something they hate—they want others to feel the same way. It matters to them that others perceive things the same way that they do.
tamerinho
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 08:21:11 AM »

thanks a lot... the explanation seems ok

but some facts seem to be ignored

such as SUPERBOY the original one not the one after the Superman/ Doomsday saga.

Wasn't Superman always a member of the JLA .. why do they mention that he joins and rejoins JLA ?

Sorry for bothering u with so many q's but i'd like to be back on track to follow our hero's story.

Thanks in advance

T.   Smiley
Gary
Superman Family

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 03:29:28 PM »

Quote from: "tamerinho"
such as SUPERBOY the original one not the one after the Superman/ Doomsday saga.

Superman was never Superboy in this continuity. He did meet up with a Superboy who was basically the "pre-Crisis" version, who was described as living in an alternate universe.

Quote from: "tamerinho"
Wasn't Superman always a member of the JLA .. why do they mention that he joins and rejoins JLA ?

I think he quit at the start of the Giffen era (wouldn't you?) or maybe even before that, and came back when Jurgens started doing JLA.
Captain Kal
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 04:39:53 PM »

Two 'Pre Crisis' Superboys have been shown and a third 'Pre Crisis' DCU as well.

Byrne's Pocketverse had its own Superboy that was supposed to be the Post Crisis patch to allow a Superboy to still be in the Legion.  But that Pocketverse had too many variances -- a la standard Byrned screw-up -- to be considered the legitimate Pre Crisis world or superboy. (Examples: Pocketverse Kryptonians exposed to Gold K can still be killed by Green K which would be impossible for true Pre Crisis Kryptonians; Mon-El is a king-sized continuity headache for the Pocketverse, etc.)

Cadmus Superboy interacted twice with a Hypertime Pre Crisis Superboy that evidently is the genuine article as he doesn't vary at all from the actual Pre Crisis portrayals.

PAD had a supposed 'Pre Crisis' Supergirl and DCU show-up in his Supergirl run, but not only was it totally disrespectful of the Silver/Bronze Age (e.g. 'like living in Disneyland'), but it had other variances like Pink K (which never existed in any DCU before or after) and a GL costume that Hal never wore (different lantern insignia).

All told, the Superboy and his Pre Crisis DCU that Kon-El encountered is evidently the true Pre Crisis ones.  All the other ones must be considered close variants but not the real McCoy.

Captain Kal

"When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
-- The Dalai Lama
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L