superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:12:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Preliminary thoughts  (Read 8510 times)
Admiral Chew
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2005, 08:06:46 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"

If it is going to be pre-reboot then it would include crisis and all the issues right before the re-boot. If it is going to be pre-crisis then it should stop at the last issues right before Crisis #1. That means no mention the Death of these characters and no Superboy-Prime (I am sure he didn't appear before then, unless I am mistaken)

I vote for pre-reboot (if anyone happens to care). Those post-crisis, pre-reboot stories built on the tradition that had preceeded them.

And I don't see a downside of including them.
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2005, 09:59:17 PM »

Unless you're a Supergirl fan.  Most fans of Kara Zor-el, that I know of(including myself), want to chuck 'Supergirl's Secret Marriage' into the same dumpster  that Liefield 'art'  goes into.

The last issue that qualifies as pre-Crisis is DC Comics Presents:  Superman & The Global Guardians.  That issue is the one that led straight into Crisis.
Admiral Chew
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2005, 11:24:06 PM »

Quote from: "ShinDangaioh"
Unless you're a Supergirl fan.  Most fans of Kara Zor-el, that I know of(including myself), want to chuck 'Supergirl's Secret Marriage' into the same dumpster  that Liefield 'art'  goes into.

I don't think the standard for what goes in and does not should be what stories anyone likes. "Supergirl's Secret Marriage" is a terrible story, but it is a part of the same shared "history" as all of the other pre-reboot stories and should be included.
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2005, 01:00:35 AM »

Quote from: "Admiral Chew"
Quote from: "ShinDangaioh"

I don't think the standard for what goes in and does not should be what stories anyone likes. "Supergirl's Secret Marriage" is a terrible story, but it is a part of the same shared "history" as all of the other pre-reboot stories and should be included.

True.  True. About the pre-reboot and what criteria a story should be used to place in the enclylopedia

I tend to ignore what happened after/during the Crisis, due to other reasons.  The Crisis was the first step in the total dismantling of the old pre-Crisis DCU.  Millenium(removing the Guardians), the fall of the GLC, the death of Jason Todd, Superman & Batman & Wonder Woman retroactively removed from the JLofA as members, and so on.  That twilight era between Crisis and re-boot is what's causing all the glitches in the current DCU.  The fall of the GLC and loss of the Guardians causes problems for the pre-boot Legion of Super-Heroes at any rate(Universo anyone?).
The Starchild
Administrator
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2005, 01:12:54 AM »

I'm pretty sure that we already reached a consensus to include the post-Crisis pre-Reboot stories, but to ignore all the events around the Crisis itself.  The focus is on Superman and his cast of characters, not on the destruction of it all.  Crisis always overshadows everything whenever it's included.

"I just wish that you could all see the Earth the way that I see it - because when you really look at it, it's just one world."
- Superman, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2005, 02:17:41 AM »

To make it 100% clear:

Every issue and comic series that is considered canonical counts up to and right before crisis starts, that's when we stop.

All issues during crisis, crisis itself, and all post crisis issues including re-boot issues and of course post reboot issues DO NOT COUNT and will not and can not be used for this project.

The only way this will change is if The Great Rao says anything different.

Until then, please do not add anything from these issues or it will be deleted and you can be banned from adding anything to the project if you keep doing it or try to add Doomsday or something crazy like that Wink

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L