superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:17:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Super Haul In The States!  (Read 3445 times)
Kal's Pal
Superman Emergency Squad

« on: February 19, 2005, 04:55:56 PM »

Hi all, just back from a trip to New York, and bought some lovely Superman goodies! Check this out:

Supergirl: Many Happy Returns (graphic novel) -  Just as Linda Danvers is finding her place as Supergirl, Kara Zor-El from the Silver Age crash lands in the Post-Crisis universe - after her ship is diverted through the time-stream just prior to the events of Action Comics #252! A wonderful homage to Kara, and a bittersweet farwell to Linda Danvers' tenure as Supergirl.

Superman: Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? (graphic novel) - Engrossing, shocking, and a beautifully executed conclusion all combine to deliver a wonderful send-off for the Pre-Crisis Superman. Smiley

Superboy #147 (80 Page Giant) - This appears to be some sort of recent reprint, and includes the stories 'The Origin of the Legion', 'The Boy With Ultra Powers', 'The Legion of Super-Traitors', 'Supergirl's Three Super-Girl Friends', 'The Secret of the Seventh Super Hero' and 'The Legion of Super Villians'.  

Jimmy Olsen #102 - In 'Superman's Greatest Double-Cross', Jimmy accidently tricks a hypnotist into believing Clark Kent is Superman, the one guy Jimmy believes couldn't be Superman! While in 'Jimmy Olsen -- Campus Hero!', Jimmy goes on an undercover assignment at university, and unknowingly gets a little help from a certain super-powered Ms. Danvers!

Action Comics #500 - It's anniversary issue time which means a re-cap on the life story of Superman!  

Action Comics #511 - Luthor on the side of the angels? And fighting alongside Superman? Has to be seen to be believed!

Superman #186 - In 'The Two Ghosts of Superman', a seer causes Superman to encounter Jor-El's spirit, while in 'Clark Kent Gangster', our hero goes on a bold undercover assignment!

Superman #189 - In 'Krypton Lives Again!', our hero tries to prevent a runaway planet colliding it with Earth and is shocked to find it is his long-lost home of Krypton! Not only that but Jor-El, Lara, and his lost love Lyla Lerrol are alive, and don't remember him! And when a series of bizarre and interconnected disasters threaten to destroy the planet, is Superman about to lose his long-lost home again?

Superman #241 - Okay, so it was a $1. 50, the cover looked interesting... but then, why is that creature dragging two Superman I wondered after I purchased the issue? Only on closer examination did I realise I picked up an issue of the Sandman Saga without knowing it!  :shock:

Superman #292 - 'The Luthor Nobody Knows!'... read it on the site, loved it, now I bought it!

Superman #303 - Our hero faces the double threat of Thunder and Lightning, while Lois tries to tempt Clark with more Beef Bourguignon after the events of 'Who Took The Super Out Of Superman?'

Superman #338 - As soon as I saw the cover, I knew I had to get this! Superman enlarges the bottle city of Kandor at long last in 'Let My People Grow!' But at what price?

The Adventures of Superman #559 - Part Two of 1998's loving homage to the Mort Wessinger era, which finds everyone in Metropolis getting super-powers!

The Adventures of Superman #560 - Part Three of the tribute to the Mort Wessinger era continues, as Batman begins romancing Lois Lane! Superman is determined to get to the bottom of this mystery, just as the fabric of reality begins to crumble!

The New Adventures of Superboy #10 - Young Kal-El takes a trip over two thousand years into the future just like any normal super-powered Kryptonian youngster... and finds Smallville exactly as he remembered it?! Plus, Krypto forms a secret identity of his own in 'The Super-Watchdog of Smallville!'

Superman (second series) #93 - As the time-warping events of Zero Hour begin to typically befuddle our Post-Crisis hero, Jor-El and Lara take time to arrive in Smallville... looking to reclaim their son!

Superman Annual #10 - 'The Sword of Superman!', again, read it on the site, loved it... bought it!  

Superman: The World of Krypton #1 - The first issue charting the history of the Krypton introduced in 'The Man of Steel' limited series. Yay! Now I have all four issues!

Also picked up a Superman magnet, a Supergirl magnet, and a cool green t-shirt with a Curt Swan (I'm guessing) graphic and the phrase 'Say No To Kryptonite'!

"Fellow scientists! Krypton is DOOMED!"
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 05:25:06 PM »

Sounds like you hit Midtown. :wink:
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 01:31:33 PM »

Nah, I'd say he hit the motherlode!  Wink  

Happy reading, Kal's Pal!

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 03:48:05 PM »

Nice Super Haul there! Cheesy

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Kal's Pal
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 11:47:47 PM »

Quote from: "Gernot"
Nah, I'd say he hit the motherlode!  Wink  

Happy reading, Kal's Pal!

Thanks! They're all great issues! (Yes, even the John Bryne one!)  :wink:

"Fellow scientists! Krypton is DOOMED!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: