superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "SONG OF THE EARTH!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:41:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Earth-2 Superman and Earth-Prime Superboy to return in 2005?  (Read 4883 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: March 13, 2003, 03:44:22 AM »

Please note that this is just a rumor and might very well be complete "you know what", but anyway, follow the link for the details :

http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/files/Forum135/HTML/007718.html

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Rugal 3:16
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 08:52:02 AM »

HELL YEAH!!!!

The Earth-2 superman (AKA the golden age supes) has the attitude for my "ideal" superman.. this..

Take no prisoners

Super anarchist

Raise a little hell

attitude would be a fresh relief.

If you ask me.. I prefer the Earth-2 superman over BOTH the pre and post-reboot superman. he maybe weaker than the two but MAN his stories (except for the IMO sickeningly disgusting Action # 10) are GREAT!!

Otenami Haiken to iko ka
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2003, 06:16:20 PM »

Personally I feel that this should have been done years ago - it was truly a way to spin off a mini-series a few years after the Crisis and should have been done on at least the tenth anniversary.

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
valdemar
Superman Family

... and who, disguised as...

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2003, 06:38:56 PM »

It's hard to believe that it's already been twenty years since the Crisis.  :!:

Even if the rumor is true, at this stage of the game it's probably too early to know for certain whether or not this will actually happen.   It sounds more like someone's brainstorm which may or may not end up getting the go-ahead.  But I hope it does get the go-ahead.

It would be fantastic to see these characters again.  I only hope that they come back to stay, not that they come back to be ret-conned out again, like they did in Zero Hour.

"It is not too far fetched to predict that some day our very own planet may be peopled entirely by SUPERMEN!"
- Jerry Siegel, Superman #1
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2003, 05:29:59 AM »

Superboy of Earth Prime has returned sort of thanks to the Great one http://superman.nu/tales2/superboyprime/

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
Middy Seafort
Superman Fan

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2003, 09:15:43 AM »

If it is true, let us hope that they treat Earth-2's Supes, Lois and Earth-Prime Superboy with the same respect they left us with.

I've always been fascinated by the Golden-Age Superman and the evolution into the Earth-2 counterpart. I always liked the fact that Superman finally let Clark find his own voice and identity (even if it was helped along by magic), especially in the Mr. and Mrs. Superman tales in "Superman Family." The older Earth-2 Supes got, the more comfortable he got at being Clark Kent and visa versa. They truly learned to co-exist together with the loving help of Lois Lane.

I look forward to seeing those old friends return again.

"Better to go into the unknown, than die here alone."
--Earth-Prime Superboy, "Crisis on Infinite Earths"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L