superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonK-Metal Visitor!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:45:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 12in Christopher Reeve inspired figure from 78-80  (Read 3028 times)
Newbie Man
Superman Fan

« on: February 23, 2005, 01:27:38 AM »

Does anyone remember this doll...er figure? If so please let me know of any information you have on aquiring one.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 05:14:14 PM »

I remember it.  I had it.  Not sure what happened to it.  Mostly what I remember is impossibly long legs and a big head (with a lot of sculpted "hair"...why?  Chris Reeve's hair wasn't that long compared to comic book Superman).

Anyway, it was a Mego product and part of a three-figure set that also included Jor-El (comic book costume with "Brando"-like white hair) and Luthor (no resemblance to Hackman).

These show up frequently on eBay...try searching for "Superman 12-inch Mego" or a variation thereof.  You may also come across a 12-inch Mego Superman NOT modeled after Chris Reeve.  In my opinion, it's a much nicer figure, though if memory serves it was exclusively for the UK market at the time.

The guys over at the Mego Museum message boards would know more.  Try http://www.megomuseum.com

This looks like a job for...
Gernot
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 01:34:27 PM »

About a year or so back I got a repro of the Chris Reeve Superman doll.

Pretty nice, and it stands guard with my other 12" Superman dolls (and the Supergirls) over the rest of my Superman display!  Wink  

Check your local comics shop.  They might have info on how to get one.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L